Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Zeprido's College Job Rant.

Creator: Zeprido April 11, 2012 1:34pm
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 5:04pm | Report
You never stated that that's the job you're applying for. Please do not expect me to use my awesome wizard powers to read your mind.
Either way, why would you want to become a resident assistant in the first place? You'll be like a police officer people won't be grateful for.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 5:33pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

You never stated that that's the job you're applying for. Please do not expect me to use my awesome wizard powers to read your mind.
Either way, why would you want to become a resident assistant in the first place? You'll be like a police officer people won't be grateful for.

It's different on my campus. You're alot more involved community wise. More "parent" then "cop" at my school anyways. The other position I was applying for is called a "Student Activities Manager", you over sea the entire student union building, so essentially are in charge of it when faculty are away. I did apologize for telling the story backwards =(
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 6:32pm | Report
Being a parent or a cop is not that much different.. the only big difference would be that the first has unconditional love for his children and the second does not, which is not true for such position.
Still, have you considered that there are simply better candidates? First check who got accepted.. If you're more qualified then you have the right to be upset, but you might not be which would make their decision a fair one.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 9:08pm | Report
It all depends on what your resume looks like. A resume and cover letter says a lot about the employee in how structured and sound it is.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 10:14am | Report
Canoas wrote:

Being a parent or a cop is not that much different.. the only big difference would be that the first has unconditional love for his children and the second does not, which is not true for such position.

Lol @ the idea that all parents have unconditional love for their children.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 10:17am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Lol @ the idea that all parents have unconditional love for their children.

Would you call someone a parent if they don't? Technically they're still defined as parents, but they are surely not fit for it.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 11:17am | Report
Parent; a father or a mother.

That definition has no mention of love being involved. :P
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 11:30am | Report
That definition just points to another definition..
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 11:48am | Report
Nope, it's rather clear and straightforward actually.

The mother and father of a child and the parents.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 2:27pm | Report
so if you have a kid and you give it up for adoption you're still the parent even though you're not raising him and know nothing about him?
No, that's not considered parenting.. Nor is supporting someone with money considered parenting. Parenting involves raising and caring for the child.

But this has nothing to do with the topic.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide