Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

AP Bloodthirster

Creator: AnalSamurai March 14, 2011 3:31pm
AnalSamurai
<Veteran>
AnalSamurai's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 3:31pm | Report
Same as bloodie but for AP -> Flat AP, spell vamp, more AP and spell vamp on minion kills

(Too OP on veigar?)

Discuss.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 3:59pm | Report
Hmmm. I wouldn't call it OP, but it's certainly better than a Bloodthirster, IMO. This would have to give a substantial amount of ability power - for example, Needlessly Large Rod gives 1 AP per 20 gold while the B.F. Sword gives 1 AD per 37 gold. Considering that The Bloodthirster gives 100 AD max, we would need this item to give around 185 AP to be considered as "good" as The Bloodthirster is. Considering that Archangel's Staff comes nowhere near to that until well over 6000 AP, it would be the premier item for any mage to get to stack AP.

If you made it give any less AP than that, however, it would have to be either a less expensive item or just wouldn't be cost efficient. Either way, it would be out-classed. But if it does give the full 180-ish AP, it would be too good. :/
AnalSamurai
<Veteran>
AnalSamurai's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 4:16pm | Report
Seems like fun though. I thought it went along the lines of what RIOTs been making. Rabadons being the inf edge for mages.. Dfg being ap madreds (sorta) etc,,,
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 1:48am | Report
Spell vamp needs a total rework imho.

It is so UP in my opinion...

What should they do to spell vamp?
Swap it for mana per damage?

lets look on the lifesteal vs spellvamp

Physicals get lifesteal to easily jungle and to stay in lanes for longer or push without loosing HP due to lack of minions.

Casters.. well apart from Vlad and swain i dont see any valid point to getting spellvamp... Ofc diferent builds diferent ideas but more or less it is a bonus stat. For physicals it is usualy one of the BASE stats they aim for.

So either make more items with big AP and SV like suggested here or remove it/rework it.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 10:35am | Report
agreed
Join me, or fall forever
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 12:42pm | Report
I've come to consider Zhonya's Hourglass to be Bloodthirster's mirror.

Infinity Edge - Rabadon's Deathcap
Bloodthirster - Zhonya's Hourglass
Black cleaver - [plot hole]

The underlying reasoning being they both originate from the mirrors B.F. Sword and Needlessly Large Rod.
And both are essentially equipped with defensive mechs. Life Steal, and the stasis-active.

~ ~ ~

Spell vamp in itself is a tough mechanic to balance.

Nukes generally don't need life-steal because they can hit and run, or hit and kill most of the time.
It's different from DPS who have to sit in and keep attacking to get kills (although some do it pretty quick once fed)

Personally, I think they need to make Spell-Vamp grant a shield over a healing effect.

Most Nukes or AP champions will deal their damage before being hit.
So, if a shield is generated instead that protects their HP when they do start getting hit, they'll get much more effectiveness out of it.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide