Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

2v1 Lane strategies

Creator: theBMB August 18, 2011 1:11am
1 2 3
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 12:35pm | Report

Bad junglers are bad. If they say "Not ganking until 6" prepare to lose. I'm of the opinion any jungler who isn't comfortable enough to gank without their ulti is bad and will feed.

Usually true, but to be fair, some champions are a lot more reliant on their ultimates to gank effectively. Warwick's pre-6 ganks are pretty much **** unless you have red buff AND a really good opportunity. If you expect a 2v1 beforehand, it's best to pick a strong early ganker like Shaco or Lee Sin.

@OP: A 1v2 lane is usually pretty tough, but I think the best way to win a game like that is to do your best to NOT need ganks/cover from your jungler. Since the enemy team won't have a jungler of their own, your jungler pretty much gets free reign of the monster camps. Since there'll be double the buffs, you can steal the enemy blue and red, then give the closer ones to your two carries in mid and bot. This will usually give them lane dominance and the jungler levels up faster as well. Ganking bot with 2 red buffs is pretty damn scary. Not to mention you'll have superb dragon control, since the enemy team will be lacking a roaming jungler AND a smite on the team.

Basically my point is this: the top 1v2 lane should do their best to hold the tower and not fall too far behind, allowing the jungler and other lanes to completely dominate. The two top laners will also be sharing farm, so their mid game will be ****. If you lose the top turret and/or die repeatedly, this advantage is less helpful.

Like others have already said, someone with good sustain, CC and survivability is a good choice for top. Gragas is nice because he can farm/harrass with his barrels safely, and he has a lot of sustain.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 12:46pm | Report
Gragas has infinite sustain. Mana regen, damage reduction, and to top it off, HP regen.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 1:03pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Gragas has infinite sustain.

Hah, no..
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:43pm | Report
well if you notice that your opponents picked a duolane for top then just run sbd like chogath on toplane. If the enemy toplane pushes your jungler should come gank asap --> easy kill! and they will push if your toplane doesnt screw up by nuking the creeps to much. The solo will lose the first wave mostlikely though.
THERE IS NO NEED TO STOP JUNGLING ENTIRELY just gank the toplane repeatedly cus you WILL have a lvl and farmadvantage. with enaugh kills, your topsolo should be able to 1v2 them soon
greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:55pm | Report
A gank on a 2v1 lane is by no means an easy kill. It's hard enough to get kills when you have a manpower advantage. Even if top lane pushes, there's no guarantee that a gank from the jungler will be successful in stopping them, or even netting a kill. This of course depends on the player and champions.

I still hold to my opinion that it's the top laner's job to hold out as long as possible while the jungler stomps on the rest of the enemy team and nets all the dragons and buffs for your carries.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Hanuul
<Member>
Hanuul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 11:07pm | Report
Tbh with you a tanky character is best like Cho due to his passive or Nasus due to also his passive for high sustan. Gragas especially due to his ****ing passive. 2% of health restored per sec for 4 seconds, aka reverse of Brand's passive. On top of that he can restore his mana AND increase his AD and keep throwing those barrels to farm himself gold or harass your face. Another good one is Morde if you can keep your iron man up for a long time you wont lose any health AT ALL due to your shield absorbing most of the damage. Teemo is also somewhat good if you like bushcamping with shrooms and your passive may save your life, and net you a kill when an unlucky passerby stomps on one. Either all of the above or tell your jungler to hurry up and gank or something. Nasus is pretty good because an Udyr tried to gank me while I solo topped against a Gangplank. They both died unfortunately because Gangplank couldnt harass me and I had a +150 q by then because no matter how many times he 133 critted me (which was like 1/5 of my health) I restored all my health back like a boss.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 10:51am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

A gank on a 2v1 lane is by no means an easy kill. It's hard enough to get kills when you have a manpower advantage. Even if top lane pushes, there's no guarantee that a gank from the jungler will be successful in stopping them, or even netting a kill. This of course depends on the player and champions.

I still hold to my opinion that it's the top laner's job to hold out as long as possible while the jungler stomps on the rest of the enemy team and nets all the dragons and buffs for your carries.

ofc your jungler will se3cure every single dragon asap but why isnt a gank top an easy kill? if the lane is pushed you gank once to blow summoners, farm their jungle, come back and BAM doublekill np i mean you will have a heavy farm and lvladvantage if top keeps pushing. If they dont push then there is not much you can do but at the same time that wont break your tower...
greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 26, 2011 4:06pm | Report
... U almost make it sound good to not have a jungler. Remember the xp of the lane is split between the two champs. The champ who is solo levels a lot quicker. I once played noc(y i know noc is better in jungle but ww was already jungling) in top lane against irelia and taric. At start I got zoned and contunally tower dived. In mid game i had 2 deaths cuz of dive. But after that I was way higher level then both of them. Each time irelia or taric went away for gank(they have no jungler) I slaughtered the one left behind. I finished the game with 14-3-6

Remember that the xp is split is a double lane and that you have no continual ganker. Someone has to leave, leaving the underleveled teammate alona and vunerable.
bearsquared
<Member>
bearsquared's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 11:55am | Report
It is preferable for your team to have a jungler if the enemy team does not assuming you have a player that is capable of 2v1 top. Your team should out level and out farm the enemy team and have better ganks and pushes. If the jungler is warding you should have better map awareness as well. If the jungler kills Dragon frequently it is a HUGE advantage from all the gold your team receives.
TcelesBHsup
<Member>
TcelesBHsup's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 1:19pm | Report
*** long as 2v1 is sustainable it's fine, my premade 5 does 2v1's all the time, and our jungler is worthless(just a high school friend that we like). I 2v1 as Kennen with no problem at all, my buddy does it with sivir and my wife does it with ryze(she has to run tele and go back at lvl 5 though). The only problem is of the team knows how "Pull" minions, But I haven't met anyone besides myself and one teammate I have that know how to do that
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide