Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

3 supports, the new metagame?

Creator: Daanowntje November 12, 2011 6:21am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 5:27am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

and the jungler role is difficult to fill,

Jungle Taric wants to have a word with you.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 8:19am | Report
astrolia wrote:

I don't see how this is a "troll" team comp.

Galio is usually top. Amumu is usually jungling. Lanewick is usually in a solo lane, 90% of the time top, 10% of the time mid. Taric usually goes bottom. Malzahar usually goes mid, but he's fallen out of favor as an AP carry and can go bot with laners he synergizes with. E.g. Malz + Leona for Leona's passive and Malz's void aids and AoE silence. With Taric, he has a hard cc to help him land ult, and armor to make up for squishiness, and an AP buff from Taric's ult.

The team itself has triple AoE threat from Galio + Amumu + Taric, double suppress threat combined with AoE taunt, and sustained magic damage. People at 1400 ELO have no idea what the **** magic resistance is, or what a Quicksilver Sash is, and think that taking Cleanse is "trolling". The only "troll" thing about it is the lack of AD, but at 1400 ELO it's better to play characters you're comfortable with instead of forcing people into roles.

How is this not a troll team comp ? Do you play ranked often ?...

If so how often do you really see 2 tanks hold a solo lane and the AP go bottom...?
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 9:43am | Report
Do you read often...?

I explained why it wasn't a troll comp and why it works and how those champions synergize together and your reply is "Do you play ranked?"

Also, "2 tanks hold a solo lane"? Solo Galio and Lanewick are like really, really common.

Do you play this game often?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 10:14am | Report
astrolia wrote:

Do you read often...?

I explained why it wasn't a troll comp and why it works and how those champions synergize together and your reply is "Do you play ranked?"

Also, "2 tanks hold a solo lane"? Solo Galio and Lanewick are like really, really common.

Do you play this game often?

Actually really depends on either of your definitions of trolling.

I believe he's calling it a troll comp because it isn't the "current" meta. Anything that isn't solo top Tank+ jungle OT+ mid AP carry+ Support+AD ranged bot could be considered trolling...Or EU's old double AP meta.

So by his definition you're wrong. Your definition seems to be something different. Either way I just felt like pointing out the discrepency...A "lost in translation" type deal.

Do you think outside the box often?

;D
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 10:31am | Report
He's saying that solo Galio or solo Warwick is "trolling". Which is like... not even factual.

Malzahar building AD and jungling would've been "trolling" in that situation. As I said in my first post: "The only "troll" thing about it is the lack of AD."
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 10:43am | Report
Once again arguing over the definition of "trolling". I'm not here to debate either of your claims of which is or is not trolling. Simply attempting to clarify what I thought I saw as a potential reason for the issue.

This shouldn't be a shouting match, it should be a debate where you acknowledge each other's opinions. If all the issue is, is that HIS idea of what trolling is DIFFERS from YOUR'S then it is a safe bet, if the 2 of you discussed what you consider trolling you'd come to an agreement rather than endlessly revolve around the same idea that either one of you is right whilst the other is wrong.
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 10:47am | Report
Jeffy 2 gud.

Gonna carry the forums.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 10:51am | Report
Naw, just in the mood to aid in saving people from "head in ***" syndrome.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 12:17pm | Report
I was unaware that expecting someone to explain why something is trolling through words other than "Do you play ranked?" means I have my head up my ***. I daresay we have different opinions about the meaning of head in ***, and that this shouldn't be a shouting match, but rather an acknowledgment of the fact we have different meanings of head in ***. I'm sure if the two of us had a discussion over the definition of head in *** instead of the actual meta game we'd come to an agreement...
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2011 12:21pm | Report
astrolia wrote:

I was unaware that expecting someone to explain why something is trolling through words other than "Do you play ranked?" means I have my head up my ***.

Then you must be new here :o.

Jeffy said why you two were having different opinions on these things because of what you both believe "trolling" is. "having your head up your ***" simply meant you couldn't see this for yourself. Which was true.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide