Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A little Shen info

Creator: kmododragonNM October 13, 2011 4:21pm
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 11:48am | Report
Sunfire and Randuin's would be a good couple of items. Pair it with Force of Nature, and Rylai's, and you're starting to look like a decent tank.

Any other suggestions?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 11:52am | Report
As you see, you don't need any Warmog's Armor. There are better items for Shen, like searz said.^^

BTW: Banshee's Veil? Instead of Abyssal Mask for really full tank.

Well, I miss an magic resist item with good cc on it...
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:05pm | Report
No I completely disagree. I think Warmogg's is the best tank item in the game for all tanks in 90% of games.

I just want to hear what the opinions are of the other Moba members.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:07pm | Report
When i play shen i start either cloth+5hp or boots+3hp, i solo top, and i start vorpal blade.

My first trip back is wriggles or giants belt depending upon who i am laning against(AP is usually giants belt, unless i keep safe from their burst with wriggles life steal.), then i pick up the giants belt from Rylai's, and grab a negatron cloak.

Finishing Rylai's and Abyssals, you are pretty much ready to do your main job.

You can finish out the build with something like Aegis+Frozen Mallet, or GA/Aegis, or some combination of tank/utility items.

I don't like Sunfire, because it really doesn't do enough damage, and it delays other, more useful items.

I don't like warmogs because it is only useful when your lane enemy, or significant threat in team fights does a lot of burst damage, and is going to target YOU with that damage.

I just don't see the point to itemizing against casters on Tanks, when they will never be attacking you. (To clarify, on most of my "tanks" i end up with around 250 armor and 175~ MR, I'm not waltzing around with 30mr.)
Tri lane for life.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:11pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

No I completely disagree. I think Warmogg's is the best tank item in the game for all tanks in 90% of games.

I just want to hear what the opinions are of the other Moba members.

Most people will disagree.

Now you know what will happen for the rest of this thread.
Thread has now filled it's purpose.
/thread
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:11pm | Report
This whole talk about who is targetting what...

I don't know what game you guys are playing. In the game I play, the opponents deal enough damage to kill tanks. You need to be a real tank to live through the kind of damage my opponents bring to the table. And I'm not talking walk out of a fight full HP, I'm talking you're a full on meat-head tank and you barely survive the fight. That's the kind of damage you need to be capable of tanking.

Sunfire is generally not purchased for the damage, it's purchased for the defense which is why I think Randuin's is better. There are cases in which Sunfire's damage is useful however. The armor and HP together make it a decent pick, but won't grant as much survivability as Randuins, nor as much utility. So I'd say it's not a great buy either.

Tem, offer me a full item build if you don't mind. Or at least 4-5 items you could see yourself building.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:14pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Thread has now filled it's purpose.
/thread

You have yet to give me an alternative itemization choice.

Until you give me an alternative item choice, I can't explain to you why you're wrong, and you can't explain to me why you're right. So effectively you've contributed nothing to this thread except your opinion that I like Warmogg's too much.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:15pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Tem, offer me a full item build if you don't mind. Or at least 4-5 items you could see yourself building.

Yes, so you can pick it apart with a wall of text basically saying that you're disagreeing.
Everyone loves walls of text.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:16pm | Report
Hey Searz. Item build. Let's go. What would you build on Shen?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:23pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Something like that.

I run Flash/Exhaust, and use these runes/masteries and stuff.

Using my Teemo rune page :s.
Tri lane for life.
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide