Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A little Shen info

Creator: kmododragonNM October 13, 2011 4:21pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:41pm | Report
I said why I wouldn't want to write one above.

But if you insist, something along the lines of:
Merc, Rylai, Randuin, Sunfire, Abyssal, FoN.

Just so you know: if I see a wall of text I'm just gonna ignore it.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:42pm | Report
@ Tem, 3200 HP is pretty good. 269 armor is really really high, and 208 MR is really really high as well.

Aegis and Randuin's are protecting your team pretty well and the GA passive is nice for when you die. You'll come back and still have those very high Armor and MR values. GA is one of the best full tank items.

I particularly like the Rylai's however. I'm not a -huge- fan of the Abyssal, but it's not a bad choice.

The best thing about the build is the cost of the gear isn't incredibly high- There are gear combinations that you can work through to achieve a good level of tankiness and provide good utility fairly early on.

Pretty strong build.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:45pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

@ Tem, 3200 HP is pretty good. 269 armor is really really high, and 208 MR is really really high as well.

Aegis and Randuin's are protecting your team pretty well and the GA passive is nice for when you die. You'll come back and still have those very high Armor and MR values. GA is one of the best full tank items.

I particularly like the Rylai's however. I'm not a -huge- fan of the Abyssal, but it's not a bad choice.

The best thing about the build is the cost of the gear isn't incredibly high- There are gear combinations that you can work through to achieve a good level of tankiness and provide good utility fairly early on.

Pretty strong build.

Know what's kind of funny that i just realized?

My build gives me 1370.6 bonus health :s.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:51pm | Report
@ Searz, 3500 HP, 216 Armor, and 201 MR. The HP is getting to a place where you can be considered a full tank, you're going to be very tanky with these stats.

The Randuin's and Rylai's are providing good benefit's. Again, not a huge fan of Abyssal but it's a sound choice for the new Shen. The FoN is without a doubt an excellent choice.

As far as a tank I think this build would probably do about as well as what Tem has offered. I think they're both pretty good builds.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:51pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

My build gives me 1370.6 bonus health :s.

Which is why Warmogg's owns ^^ Because Warmogg's does that in one item :P

Both builds offered have 3 HP items and the sum of yours is the same as what Warmogg's gives, and the sum of what Searz offered was 1500 something. I forget.

But then you can build all the chunky resistance items- You could even build Zhonya's, which is very solid on the new Shen I might add.

Abyssal, FoN, Randuin's, even Trinity Force if you wan't.

I say building the Warmogg's is what enables you to build more utility, by not restricting your purchases to items with HP attached.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:54pm | Report
It appears i have been misunderstood.

I thing Cho is an amazing jungler, i play him myself.

But he is by far no tank.

He might work like one in low elo.

DuffTime wrote:

Omagma's the champion of or dreams. oh hail oh hail him

Awwwwww, now you made me plush.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 1:12pm | Report
Aegis of the Legion is the main item of the support and you shouldn't build it. Multiple times this item scales bad.

As I said, my build:

Jungle Shen

Item Sequence

Health Potion 50
Health Potion 50
Health Potion 50
Health Potion 50
Health Potion 50
Boots 300
Heart of Gold 825
Mercury's Treads 1100
Giant's Belt 900
Rylai's Crystal Scepter 2600
Negatron Cloak 900
Chain Vest 800
Glacial Shroud 900
Force of Nature 2800
Randuin's Omen 2700
Frozen Heart 2500
Abyssal Mask 2400

The cuts between earlygame, midgame and lategame should be normally between Mercury's Treads and Giant's Belt; Glacial Shroud and Force of Nature. At this points, the stats of the builds are balanced and nearly all items are at same tier.

This build offers less damage, but more utility. The CC of Frozen Heart scales great into lategame, where the enemy AD-carry could shredd you in halve. The magicresist reduction aura on Abyssal Mask helps your team, too.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 1:26pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I say building the Warmogg's is what enables you to build more utility, by not restricting your purchases to items with HP attached.

Here's where you fail.
All HP items give utility/damage. They are not bought for the HP only.

But seriously, who cares?
There's no way you're changing your mind.
You've made it awfully clear you're only asking to tell them that they're wrong or that Warmog is better.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 1:31pm | Report
Searz wrote:

But seriously, who cares?
There's no way you're changing your mind.
You've made it awfully clear you're only asking to tell them that they're wrong or that Warmog is better.

This man speaks the truth!
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 1:37pm | Report
Duff I think they are missing the point. I completely agree with Health being the only true counter to extreme burst. Warmogs/GA IMO as well should be the staple of tanking. If that is indeed your role to fulfill.
The battleroom is ready. Liqur's hands are steady. The enemy is deadly.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide