Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AD Melee's with Gap Closer Mid

Creator: b3astliness May 17, 2012 8:48pm
1 2 3 4 5
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 6:18am | Report
Yeah but ^that counts for lets say 95% of the "dumb" tactics if we talk about low level ranked, normal and moreover solo queue...

No stereotype here, but had more than once a 3,4 or 5 premade frenchies that thought it would be funny to start all bot and try a double kill...
(ok it only worked 50% of the time and more than once THEY got kicked in the *** as they tried a towerdive)
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 8:01am | Report
I'm not talking about "low level" play. I'm also not talking about "dumb" tactics. I stated 2 reasons which, in my opinion, are factors in why this setup can, and does work (there's other factors, obviously). One of the reasons, as I stated, was people who play this game, in a very very VERY wide range of elo/skill levels, are generally close minded. A vast majority only play what the current meta "allows", or what they see the pro's do.

This strat is in no way a "dumb tactic", and most certainly does not only work in super low elo.

As I recall, some pro team (Dig, i thiiiiink? correct me if i'm wrong) ran a 3 support comp in a tourney. Threw 2 support champs top and mid. They won for two reasons, IMO. The same two general reasons why I stated this strat works. 1 being the champs are just good in those roles, and against the "usual" heroes that are placed in that specific lane. 2 being the other reason I stated. People don't really know what to do when faced with something so different.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2012 11:55pm | Report
Precisely. Close-minded and ignorant. For those of you who don't know, (if you must) immerse yourself in the actual definition of the word 'ignorant'. It does not mean 'stupid' or any variation of the word. Ignorant refers to people lacking knowledge about something. Though, I do hate when people choose to not learn.

I despise incessant ignorance.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 1:51am | Report
AD casters mid > AD gap closers mid

I remember in S1 when people used to play Xin Zhao mid, it was kinda awesome, but he has been nerfed since that.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 4:26am | Report
@iBradlee

That means in your opinion the major part of the comm is ignorant and even tourny folks don't know what to do?
Like I said, I agree in low/mid elo, normal and moreover in solo queue, but as mentioned above, MANY "dumb" tactics will work there.

And if you use "pro" players as an example:
Don't miss the third point: The champ/tactic matters less if the guy behind it is too good a player.

You know like playing Urgot and winning a 1vs2 that way... ofc the champ did his part, but a mid elo player can't pull this one off.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 10:37pm | Report
And the main point here is..
Darcurse wrote:

a mid elo player can't pull this one off.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Razormaul
<Member>
Razormaul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 7:04am | Report
All champions are viable mid if used as a counter pick, But if you first pick the champs than you could lose the lane very hard.
Looking for guides for junglers? Check out my guides for, Alistar, Nautilus and Maokai.
Please vote and comment. Thank you!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide