Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

AD Melee's with Gap Closer Mid

Creator: b3astliness May 17, 2012 8:48pm
b3astliness
<Member>
b3astliness's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 2:37pm | Report
Searz wrote:

It's very hard to be successful in mid without burst or range. That's why melee AD is usually a weak choice against ranged AP.
Melee ADs with burst work sometimes (that would be Pantheon and Talon).

Post 6 if you haven't managed to kill the enemy or zone him effectively then you've lost the lane. IF you manage to land a kill pre 6 you will generally win the lane.( It could change with frequent jungle ganks)The initial 5 levels are crucial to how mid lane is going to play out for you because your are generally stronger than the enemy ap that is mid.

Cred to Keondre for this ^
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 4:52pm | Report
Does my essay not answer all your questions? better fill up more =D

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
b3astliness
<Member>
b3astliness's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 10:09pm | Report

To whom was this directed at? I seriously don't know.

Cred to Keondre for this ^
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2012 4:01am | Report

Your essay is poorly written in the sense that it is waaay too long for what it's trying to convey. Too much unnecessary dialogue. Compress it and people like me might actually read it.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Kearel
<Member>
Kearel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 1:28am | Report
You said it yourself hes a burst mage not a caster dps. AS for the trading concern he doesn't have an aoe attack speed debuff just a damage reduction spell so he can trade perfectly fine and come out on top in most situations.

Hey I know this topic is a bit old and all but I thought I would point out that Gragas's Q ability (Barrel Roll) does have an attack speed debuff on it,
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 7:02am | Report
On the CasterMaster Post: Try getting to the point of what you want to say please.. I had trouble understanding, being not a native english speaker :)

Other than that, one thing I haven't seen mentioned is: An AD Bruiser beats an AP burst, if the fight is longer/drawn out. In mid, you have the option to quickly retreat to your tower to end the skirmish. In toplane, the way to your tower is much longer, and a Champion with chase-potential can involve you in a much longer battle.
When an AD bruiser can engage a mage in a long fight (assuming both 100% hp and equal gold), the bruiser will win, since he has stronger sustained damage simply due to being AD - auto attacks - and having higher base survival stats.
That's why, toplane AD bruiser have an advantage over most mages (with the exceptions of mages who have a reliable disengage or strong sustain, such as Kennen, Vlad or Galio), and burst casters have an advantage in mid.

In short: In mid you have to kill the enemy within a much shorter timeframe due to the threat ot the turrets. In top, you can chase an enemy all the way and do continuous damage.

On that note: Ever tried Jarvan mid? He has an exceptionally strong poke (It's longer range than you think and the base damage is high), two gap closers and with his ultimate he can keep a non-jumping-enemy in reach to make longer battle (in which AD bruisers have the advantage). Plus his burst damage potential is very high too, since most mids don't build armor. Only mages such as Gragas, Kassadin or Ahri, who have a low cooldown blink can escape from his ultimate reliably. Even those really have to hold on to it (=not use it) to always be able to get out. If they don't, you catch them and they have to flash.
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 10:52am | Report
J4 is also more likely to loose the greater deal of mid fights.
He has a good burst but nothing to endanger a 60%+ squishy caster, and while his ONLY gap closer pre 6 is on CD he will get outzoned and harassed + he has zero sustain.

It's as some guys already mentioned, some AD melee burst champs with gap closer CAN win some encounters mid but the general rule is that they don't belong there.

Not to mention that most ppl here seem to forget that while YOU, the AD melee, use your gap closer to attack the enemy caster you'll have his minions at your arse but not vice versa => Lost trade.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 11:10am | Report
Hence the name, CasterMaster...

You can put anybody wherever you like, as long as you don't fail.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 1:13pm | Report
I've got a friend that runs ALL the characters that don't belong in mid. He recently ran Shen mid and went 10/0/10. Then again, he DID win second place in his regional mid tourney >.<
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 8:27pm | Report
The most common AD Melee mids are Talon and Panth (which everyone knows already). I, personally, have very very little experience with both of them mid, because I don't enjoy playing either heroes. I do, however, run Wukong mid quite a bit. It's fun, and it works.

IMO, there's two real big reasons why it works.

There's the obvious fact that (as stated previously) AD champs with good gap closers are just generally pretty damn strong against *most* mid AP carries.

Then there's also the fact that, in general, the League community is so ******* close minded, and they don't know what the **** to do when they've got a Wukong in their face during lane phase, pummeling them, while they're playing an AP Carry. They're used to playing against AP's. They're expecting to play against an AP. Throwing your opponent for a loop is a pretty strong tactic, in the average player's ELO range. A major part of this game is knowledge. Knowledge of champ matchups is super important. Most people won't have much (if any) experience against an AD Melee mid.
Obviously the concept of running gapclosing AD's in mid isn't exactly new. It's just the fact that 90% of the community is so stuck in the current meta, and are completely ignorant when it comes to something a bit different, that also makes it work decently well.

Don't underestimate the stupidity and ignorance of most people who play this game.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide