Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AD or AP Sion?

Creator: Kirluu May 1, 2011 10:58pm
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 7:38am | Report
^ They both work really well.

Quoted:
You kinda mixed it up. AP Sion's burst is much stronger early game simply because you're focusing on maxing Shield and Gaze with only one rank in Enrage. AD maxes Enrage first.

AP's bursting capabilities taper down late-game because of no more skill ranking up and the fact that enemies are buying magic resist. AD Sion hits like a truck late-game, has tons of health, tons of damage, and basically doesn't let his team die because of his ultimate.

No...skill ranking up makes AP Sion not as good as AD Sion early game because with AD Sion, you only need 1 point in Enrage to max your damage output. With AD quints and ArPen marks, Dorans, Masteries and 1 point in enrage, you still have a BF Sword. You can farm up a BF Sword by the 11 min mark if your with a good partner, whereas against most teams they just won't be able to handle you early unless they have an armor skill, and armor runes and even then you still burst high. AP Sion relies on items and runes like all mages, and unless you pretty much go full AP and have 80 AP early game (like a leblanc i played >.>) AD Sion will most def outburst AP Sion early, until they start to get some items. Difference being that AD Sion could go without any items and still have a good early game because of taking a really early point in enrage.

Jet wrote:
i always thought read was xaioli

they both cry whenever i post
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 9:29am | Report
Searz wrote:

Oh for god's sake >.>
It's supposed to be AD quints and ArP marks..

Well sooo true but why not ArP+ArP oooooor ArP+HP... who taked AD runes anyway :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 9:45am | Report
AD runes are beastly on crit builds. I believe most Sions do use crit, right?
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 3:03pm | Report
Pretty much, yes. ArPen runes are better for early game, but Sion is pretty amazing with just IE, and he doesn't have a huge reason to go Hybrid (now I want to try that...>.>)

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 3:06pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

Early game AP transition into late game AD? Anyone ever try this?

I've wanted to try this for a very long time but since I have no experience with AD sion I don't quite know how to go about doing it.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 3:28pm | Report
Hybrid? :D
Gunblade, Nashor's Tooth and rest AD?
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 3:30pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Pretty much, yes. ArPen runes are better for early game, but Sion is pretty amazing with just IE, and he doesn't have a huge reason to go Hybrid (now I want to try that...>.>)

NO.
AD beats the living **** out of everything early on, but is considerably worse in lategame unless you build crit. With a crit build AD quints are only slightly worse than ArP quints in lategame.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 3:35pm | Report
I imagine that getting some AP early on would be preferable to putting it off until late game, because using his shield to farm would be a significant advantage.

However, what does everyone else think for hybrid? Prioritize AP or AD?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 3:36pm | Report
@ Searz.

Hybrid, yeahyeah. Guinsoo's, Gunblade, maybe Nashor's, didn't really think of it, and rest AD. wewt.

As for runes, well, I didn't know that, so ty. AD runes do beat the **** out of everyone early game. I like AD Marks > AD quints cause I get well, more AD out of it, but they are nearly the same. You only lose 3 AD on AD Quints rather then AD Marks, and gain 8 more ArP, I believe.

EDIT:

@ Trojan

Prioritize AD early on for maximum pwnage, then transfer to AP lategame when they build a thornmail :D

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 3:41pm | Report
You get 5ArP for losing 1.8AD.

But if you want more AD than the quints you can just grab a few AD marks. AD marks are good, but ONLY on crit builds and even on those ArP is about the same in strength. ArP is generally stronger in marks.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide