Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AD or AP Sion?

Creator: Kirluu May 1, 2011 10:58pm
1 2 3
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 10:58pm | Report
Hey guys, just wanna hear what your opinion is on Sion, and if you prefer AD or AP Sion?

Personally, if I'm bored of playing my usual champs, I like to go crazy with AP Sion, and burst people to the limit of their eyes bursting into tears :P
One of the things that convinced me that AP Sion was better than AD Sion, is mostly that I in one game was AP Sion and met an AD Sion. He had something like 7 kills, and I had only 5 or so. (So that means we were somewhat equally fed, since I had more minion kills than him)
I solo'd him.. o_o He popped ulti and everything, but so did I, and the burst from my just two spells were enough to kill him - lawlz00rz.

But yeah, what is your opinion/preference?
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 11:15pm | Report
Depends. I usually do AP Sion. Of course, I don't have him so, it's only when he's free. IMO AP is far better for ganks because he can do more damage faster.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 11:21pm | Report
Ap sion against squishies, AD against those ******* tanky teams.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 12:56am | Report
^This is pretty much my opinion.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 9:42am | Report
AP - Easy to play, great early/mid game very weak lategame, tanky.

AD - Harfer to play, ****py early game, good mid game, superior lategame, not that tanky but lifesteal makes him quite topped at hp usualy uless blinded/stunned.

What to pick?
Do you have strong team? go AP
Do you have so so team? go AD

And most of all... what does your team need? Magic damage or physical carry?
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 4:34pm | Report
I just spent about 10 minutes searching for another MOBAFire thread on AD vs AP where a ton of really good points were made and I can't find it. :(
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 4:57pm | Report
AD Sion has such an amazing early game it's not even funny. Full Arp runes, hit for half their health, stun, dead. He has more health and tankiness too, better turret kills and can also deal with tanky champions. Just to show you what I mean, with AD marks, ArPen quints and starting with a Dorans Blade and Enrage, Sion already has the equivalent of a BF Sword @ level 1. Early game, literally nobody will be able to stand up to that no matter who they are. All you need is a stun or a heal in the lane with you and you are good to go. Taric is exceptionally good because their ults synergize so well as well.

AP Sion is really bursty late game and a bit early game, but early game he just doesn't have the burst AD does.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 6:42pm | Report
You kinda mixed it up. AP Sion's burst is much stronger early game simply because you're focusing on maxing Shield and Gaze with only one rank in Enrage. AD maxes Enrage first.

AP's bursting capabilities taper down late-game because of no more skill ranking up and the fact that enemies are buying magic resist. AD Sion hits like a truck late-game, has tons of health, tons of damage, and basically doesn't let his team die because of his ultimate.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 7:09pm | Report
Early game AP transition into late game AD? Anyone ever try this?

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 4:10am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

with AD marks, ArPen quints

Oh for god's sake >.>
It's supposed to be AD quints and ArP marks..
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide