Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best and worst LoL ulti?

Creator: Het jaguar October 28, 2011 10:20am
Arenor
<Member>
Arenor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 1:06am | Report
Karthus ultimate is such a low ello ulty. Anyone playing against a karthus with the least bit of sense will easily counter it. Zhonya's Hourglass Barrier Banshee's Veil etc etc.

Of course ultimates depend on how you use them. Thats the point, even easy ones like Wish need correct use. Destiny provides the entire team with the vision advantage, even if the teleport was used badly. So is Paranoia by limiting the enemy, zoning everyone! You said that when you hear "darkness" you run back, even if he ends up not jumping you, he caused you to retreat. Even bad usage is usefull. And lux... if you use it badly you can just wait 30 sexonds and use it badly again...

As for massacare... its a new champion, come again after his first few nerfs.

Oh and Buster Shot. Its about skill, it could just as easely send you into the enemy's turret, or can be used to disengage. Rocket Jump behind then Buster Shot straight into tower. A good ultimate but very skill reliant
Permafrost
- special thanks to VirusNG1, LaCorpse
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 1:13am | Report
Wait, if Karthus ult is only good against bad players, how the hell does he do well at pro level games?

Easy: both of those items are expensive, and are only viable choces (on most champions) as 4th or later items.
Arenor
<Member>
Arenor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 1:26am | Report
Those were just examples. Sure it's an annoying ult, and quite usefull, but the thing is, you don't see many pros play karthus. Soraka is a complete counter to him, so is diana, tryndamere, and anyone with an "untargetable" ability or a shield.

Still an easy ulty to counter. Im not saying Karthis is bad, or his ultimate. I think its a great ultimate, easy to use, global, team helpfUl, and goes great with his passive. Its just easy to counter so mostly not used in pro games
Permafrost
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 11:44am | Report
In my opinion, the worst ult is a badly-aimed Explosive Cask, while the best would definitely be Destiny.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 11:55am | Report
i guess bad ones are ryze, heimerdinger, udyr, karma
good ones are amumu, jarvan, malphite, insert any champion with strong aoe cc ulti here.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Arenor
<Member>
Arenor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 2:56pm | Report
Sejuani <3
Permafrost
LeCuch
<Member>
LeCuch's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 11:15pm | Report

True, i just like shyv alot but also imo 50 bonus armor and mr is pretty nice =/

Dug this back from page 7.
Only probelm i have with that ult is Rammus's W ability gives more then double that... so yeah

Best: Summon: Tibbers dat nuke Curse of the Sad Mummy dat stun, and Feast

Worst: Whatever the heck Heimerdinger's is called and i absolutely despise Leaona's Solar Flare it just annoys the **** out of me when i get stuck with her on ARAM. I also find Rammus's ult to be dissapointing when even without any MR on the other team it hits for a max of like 170 a second for 8 seconds. First off they have some resist and secondly no one will stand there for 8 seconds (and in teamfights you wont last that long) :D
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 11:28pm | Report
it also does the damage to structures so its great for pushing. but worst ult imo would be probably a bad gragas or trist ult and a bad jarvan ult is terrible too.
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
dragon00bicus
<Member>
dragon00bicus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2013 4:47am | Report
Best Ulti
Janna's Ult.
* Why? = Malph ss enemy team, amumu ss enemy team, mf ss enemy team, annie about to ss enemie team, janna flashes in and ss enemy team.

Gold II, somebody's something.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2013 6:47am | Report
Or ****s your entire team up and puts you into an even worse position.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide