Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best and worst LoL ulti?

Creator: Het jaguar October 28, 2011 10:20am
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2013 11:17pm | Report

I think Ryze's ult is the worst because of how weak it is offensively.

What? Ryze can ult and chunk 5 people for a large portion of their health while healing back tons of HP. Definitely a way better ult than, say, Volibear's.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Ferronax
<Member>
Ferronax's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 11:49am | Report
Certain ults are just freakin' boring. Ryze, Volibear, Blitzcrank, and Jax have boring ults, but all are useful.

Volibear, Trundle, and similar champions' ults you just never notice. They're the ones most likely to have you go "what's his ult again?" Nobody ever forgets what Kayle's ult does, but most who don't main the bear never bother to learn what Volibear's ult does, since it's so unimportant to notice.

-

As for best? Lux is sure up there. Love that snipe. Akali has one of the most brutal ults in the game, and on an absurdly short cooldown for such a spammable ability. Amumu's damn ult is one of the best for wrecking teams in a big fight with a solid initiate too. Hecarim's ult also ruins teams' positioning, give him massive mobility, deals AoE damage and interrupts spellcasts. It's a four-in-one.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 5:43pm | Report
Tag Team 'nuff said. Useless in teamfights. Other than that, I have to say that Ace in the Hole isn't amazing either.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 8:17pm | Report
Rhollback wrote:

Best: Wish
Worst: Teemos mushroom who I forgot the name.
Sure its a nice ward, and its pretty respectable, but as long as you counter ward it, the ult becomes fairly useless.

Wish is pretty bad and shrooms are one of the best...
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Arenor
<Member>
Arenor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 12:21pm | Report
Best ult- mmm i dont know there are a few. Twisted Fate Destiny is best global. Gives sight and a teleport.
Lux Final Spark deals crazy aoe damage and cooldown only 30 sec
Nocturne Paranoia freaks everybody out and gives a great range gap close burst
Tryndamere Undying Rage... this **** is OP.

Worst ulty- also controversial, i guess those ults that arent reaaaaly ults. Like Udyr Wingborne Storm and Diana Lunar Rush.
Heimerdinger definetly has a bad one
Sivir really bad steroid
Wukong really low cc that actually makes him vulnerable
Permafrost
- special thanks to VirusNG1, LaCorpse
WoWImOp
<Member>
WoWImOp's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 1:33am | Report
Best Massacre, Paranoia Worst if person doesn't use correctly Buster Shot can shoot towards an enemy turret aiding in escapes. Same with lee sin ult. Just plain bad are Destiny Unless the Tf is actually good for once. Not a fan of panths ult personally that's just me though.
Why keep them living when the dead are so much easier to work with?-Malphyron.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 1:42am | Report
WoWImOp wrote:

Best Massacre, Paranoia Worst if person doesn't use correctly Buster Shot can shoot towards an enemy turret aiding in escapes. Same with lee sin ult. Just plain bad are Destiny Unless the Tf is actually good for once. Not a fan of panths ult personally that's just me though.

Duh, every ult is bad if people do not know how to use it.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 2:51am | Report
There's no way Destiny is the worst ultimate, even if the person using it is a complete idiot. The first cast grants your team vision of all enemy champions for 6/8/10 seconds. That's super useful and doesn't require any skill to use.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 2:59am | Report
paranoia is hardly the best ult, it has a pretty ****ty range at level 1 and anyone with a brain knows to just turn around and stop fighting as soon as they hear that noise

also destiny being the worst ultimate what, its by far one of the better ultimates
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 3:21am | Report
Paranoia is still a pretty effective gap closer, letting enemies commit to a fight so they are unable to stop fighting and then counter-initiating for an effective gank. Not to mention it counters Destiny for a period of time.

I'd have to say, Karma's ultimate is in a pretty bad position right now, since her empowered QWE isn't that good either and the CD is relatively annoying.

I'd say despite everything, Karthus's ult is still quite game-changing. Not necessarily the strongest, but it's what comes to my mind when someone asks me to name a strong ultimate.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide