Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best support?

Creator: iTzKPanda April 27, 2012 7:16pm
113 posts - page 10 of 12
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 6:35pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I'd actually say sona is one of the worst supports at the moment

Yeah probably. I was trying to think of any AD she would work best with. Obviously they need to have strong harass early game to make use of Sona's great poke. Possibly Corki? Corki would also be nice since he can save himself with his dash. The scary thing would be going against a kill lane since Sona has no escapes and is super squishy.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 6:48pm | Report
Sona will always have a place in my heart as she was my first ever champion, and with the recent tweaks she's definitely viable again, she has to be adaptable though depending on the oppositions lane, against a kill lane she has to be so careful as she's insanely squishy
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 6:52pm | Report
Personally I'd use people like Draven, Miss Fortune and maybe Ashe with Sona. Since she has a combat boost but no spammable CC, she doesn't make a solid kill lane. She also doesn't make the best passive lane since she just has a measly heal.

Draven/MF have pretty strong laning phases and can harass quite well as long as they're supported. They also have their own AS steroids, which works nicely with Sona's AD steroid on her Q aura. Sona's ult would freeze targets long enough to take serious damage, while not necessitating a bursty AD.

Ashe/Sona works because their ults combine at 6 for a long disable and they make pretty good chasers and kiters.

This is all speculation on my part though. Never been much of a Sona fan. I hear she's a bit nicer to use since her recent change/buff.

EDIT: Corki would probably be okay too.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2012 8:45pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Personally I'd use people like Draven, Miss Fortune and maybe Ashe with Sona. Since she has a combat boost but no spammable CC, she doesn't make a solid kill lane. She also doesn't make the best passive lane since she just has a measly heal.

I could see Draven/Sona being crazy. Because Draven totally needs more AD for his Q. Sona's also flexible enough to fall back on leveling her heal rather than the AD/AP aura if necessary, so the lane isn't entirely reliant on dominating their opponents.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2012 5:40pm | Report
Janna and Alistar are probably the two best right now. I don't recommend using support to carry to high ELO's as it's to dependent on the skill of your AD especially at lower ELO's

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
animal091
<Member>
animal091's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2012 4:56pm | Report
my fav is ali and he is one of the best but it really depends no who the ad carry is to say who the best support is with that game but i would go for ali works well with most ad carrys and great in team fights
bocios
<Member>
bocios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2012 2:11am | Report
Hi guys,

I'am really enjoy playing as a support. Like playing with unique Champs like Orianna is one of my favorite and i like Karma as well. But i'am just a casual gamer.
I have Alistar and Soraka too. I think Soraka is very good but i don't like that defense mode.

What do you think guys which support champ has the most HP? I like teamfights and i would like to support my teammates in teamfights like shielding / healing them!
My problem is when i try this let's say with Ori (Protect and than Ulti) i die very fast
Yes maybe i'am doing it wrong..
Also Soraka can support teamfight from range with her ulti it's OK.

Problem is that i not like to say behind.. so can you please advice me a champ who is a good support can help teamfights and i has big HP.

Maybe a tank-support champ?

So
- teamfights
- shield and/or heal, CC
- team supporting ulti
- HP

Thanks,
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2012 2:43am | Report
the fact that you said you like to use karma sorta answers your question, shes on of the best late game supports specially if you build her AP

she has damaging spells that are aoe so that helps in team fights
she has a shield a heal and, even though its very unreliable, a slow
she doesnt have a team supporting ult but her shield and heal are both strong enough to make up for it imo
her hp is decent considering she has a shield and heal, and a passive that makes them both stronger when shes at lower hp

too bad karma is getting reworked soon so i dont know if this will still apply in a week or two =[ but for now try to go karma and go mid lane and become an amazing late game support
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2012 3:03am | Report
1) karma is a bad support
2) supports dont build ap

@sona: sona matches well with any poke champ or champ that can follow up easily.
@ali: Ali gets kited to death and is basically a three-trick pony (Flash q, w enemies backwards, wq) which is why no one plays him anymore

Best soloq supports are taric blitz. Not sure bout zyra but she's one of the top sups atm

if considering perfect teams then Leona, Zyra, Nunu, Lulu are the best atm
Leona's initiates, killing potential
Zyra's disengages, scouting, long range root and aoe knockup
Nunu best ad peeler
Lulu great peels, best synergy with team w/ ult,

Not sure bout sona postnerf. I heard from gosupepper that sona's not worth playing tho.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2012 3:12am | Report
^Pretty much agree.

Ali's been nerfed so many times, he's not exactly a pressure to ban.
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide