Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CAC 1 - Part 3a - Skill Concept Discussion

Creator: Jebus McAzn April 7, 2011 11:03am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 11:03am | Report
In this thread, we will discuss templates for this champion's five skills.

Talk about what we want this champion to accomplish and how CAC 1's abilities need to be tailored to that. Mention different types of CC, but most importantly, we need to specifically go into what exactly CAC 1 can do in a fight.

Do not discuss possible skills. That will be decided later.

Remember, community, the skills are the single most important part of the champion, and it's important that we get this part right!

CAC 1 is a ranged DPS champion.

Our concept is Jet's Anti-Support Debuffer.

Jet wrote:
o hey im having a go at this

Name: Anti-Support, Debuff, DPS

General Description: A squishy DPS damage dealer that synergises with team support and is designed to work with on hit effects to cripple the enemy team and their support, through applying mass debuffs to the enemy that affect positioning and regeneration.

Justification: We have 4 strong support champions (Janna, Taric, Shen and Alistar) that once they get itemised, along with good player skill, they are almost impossible to take down while they provide excellent advantages for their team.

This would allow for new team compositions, such as Carry/Mage/Support/Tank/Anti-Support which could bring otherwise neglected champions back into viability, such as Kayle, Sona, Soraka, Nasus, etc, by allowing them to have their undervalued effects on level with the enemy's output.

This would bring some use to the useless items we currently have (by useless, I mean you cannot compare them to other items, such as Nashor's Tooth, Executioner's Calling, Malady).

Additionally, bringing new compositions and stronger debuffing presence would be a strong counter to the current metagame of Tanky-DPS, and would allow for new metagames to be balanced around having a strong balanced composition than having a team full of powerhouses with one strong tank and one support babysitting entire teams.

Explanation:
With this champion you would be able to pick on their team forcing their support to waste skills undoing what you just did to that enemy, debuff them making them more vulnerable to your team's damage output and allow yourself, as this debuffing DPS, to make laning, harassment and solo fighting much more effective for your entire team. Since you're going to be using auto-attacks to apply debuffs, as well as skills, on-hit items would synergise extremely well with this champion, allowing for more varied builds depending on what you need to counter and what your team would benefit the most from debuffing.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 11:13am | Report
Okay, as for skills, I think that it would be a good idea to have something in his/her/its set that allows CAC 1 to prevent the enemy support from doing anything to a particular champion or champions. This could be anything - a displacement spell, a tether, or even a debuff that makes a particular champion or champions untargetable by allied spells (or all spells). Think about how cool that last one could be. Clutch Zilean ults, Morgana shields, etc, would all be useless.

Just concepts for now, though. No numbers, please, and nothing specific outside of describing CC or abilities.
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 12:27pm | Report
I think CAC 1 should have skills that punish the enemy for being together. A skill that will snare/stun the final target according to how many enemy champions are around it, a skill that benefits CAC 1 when there are many enemy champions around it, and a skill that spreads between enemy champions when they walk near each other are great examples.
And also something that allows CAC 1 to remove all positive buffs from an enemy champion, a displacer, a damage steroid and a healing reduction skill.
(am I doing it right?)

I really wish I could show my kit suggestion though :P can I post it on the forums?
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 12:54pm | Report
I do think that it would need some decent CC. Passive should be an AOE debuff of some kind. Something that when present decreases healing or something. \

I think a spell that gives a champ the ability to debuff would also be interesting. For instance, the next ability used will fear or slow or something. You could cast it on a carry or nuke.

I still believe that positioning is vital to team fighting so maybe give it some kind of long range snare, pull.

Finally, i would love to see a reversal spell. All shields and heals do direct damage to the target based of xyz% of original amount.

I was really specific. Sorry ^_^
Join me, or fall forever
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 12:55pm | Report
How about:

A skill that damages champions, then bounces between them and causes a status effect the more champions are nearby?

For instance, with 1 champion - damage
with 2 champions - silence
with 3 champions - snare
with 4 champions - minor stun
with 5 champions - major stun
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 12:59pm | Report
I dont agree with gus's suggestion for the snare/stun.

This is an anti support, so i guess the remove all positive buffs would be of more use which gus also suggested.

Possibly buff steal that gives it to the CAC 1 and to 2-4 allies within ?? radius. (not sure about the ammount of people it should be given to).

If that's a no go i got another suggestion that would fit this PERFECTLY.

Three different debuff skills with each an activation method.

1. When the debuffed person gets an speed buff he is slowed for ?? seconds instead.
2. When the debuffed person gets an armor/resist buff his resist/armor is lowered instead.
3. When the debuffed person gets healed he gets damage instead.

You cast this debuff on the person in question before he recieves anything and when he recieves any heal/speed/resist buffs he gets the counter effect instead.

Something like this.
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 1:02pm | Report
Buff stealing +1 I like it.
Join me, or fall forever
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 1:07pm | Report
I really like Jebus's idea of basically, a reverse Black Shield that makes the target immune to allied spells. I feel like since morgana's is a regular spell, this could be as well (as in not the ult)

For another spell I'd like to see something that encourages the enemy team to spread out, causing confusion. My idea for this would be a debuff that bounces between allies within a certain range, and grows stronger the more it bounces (or have it be immediately strong and not go stronger). This will make them have to spread out fast, and split the support up from some of the team which fits with the anti-support theme.
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 1:30pm | Report
Guys, remember to keep extreme situationalism away. You don't want a skill that is 0% effective when the enemy team has no support champions, and you also don't want a skill that will ruin the game when the enemy team does have a support champion.
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 1:43pm | Report
True. For instance the target ally being unselectable really wouldnt matter if no one could target them. you would have to make it OP so that even though its not always useful sometimes its very useful. yet another nerf to supports.

However what if you had a debuff that allowed no buff at all. For instance mundo couldnt ult, gangplank couldnt eat. basically any spell or ability that would target that champ including self casted spells?
Join me, or fall forever
1 2 3 4 5 6

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide