Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dr. Mundo top, and Dr. Mundo in general

Creator: I post stuff August 2, 2013 1:53am
1 2
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 1:17pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Maybe try out Health Regen Quints? They were used in S2, don't know if that is still accurate.

2.7 hp5 per quint?

thats 8.1hp5, with visage thats 11.34 hp5.. while i know mundo uses health costs you can get better stats through other quints.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 2:00pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

2.7 hp5 per quint?

thats 8.1hp5, with visage thats 11.34 hp5.. while i know mundo uses health costs you can get better stats through other quints.

Like what? You don't need MS quints in lane, can't make use of SV or LS much, flat HP give less regen, attack speed or damage don't really make sense. HP5 quints seem like the way to go, besides early on 8.1hp5 isn't at all bad.
I don't play LoL anymore.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 3:53pm | Report
MS quints are huge on some champions. 3 MS quints is about 16 ms. That means that you close in on your opponents 16 more units/second than you would without the MS runes. MS runes are a pretty huge deal early game, and scale throughout the rest of the game!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
I post stuff
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 4:47pm | Report
However Dr. Mundo is able to perma-slow his opponent which raises the question: Do you really need MS on him when not jungling?

I prefer to have a little bit more HP regen when playing Mundo top lane.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 2:08pm | Report
I also recently thought about Greater Quintessence of Life Steal as Mundo has his super high AD steroid. If you combine AS and Lifesteal from runes at laning, you could get a pretty good sustain. Especially if you choose a mastery setup like this:
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 2:56pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

I also recently thought about Greater Quintessence of Life Steal as Mundo has his super high AD steroid. If you combine AS and Lifesteal from runes at laning, you could get a pretty good sustain. Especially if you choose a mastery setup like this:

Solid idea. having a lot of points in utility is always a great idea when you have Teleport. I guess Dr. Mundo could have deadly lane ganks with Teleport and his cleaver.
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 3:01pm | Report
Mundo top is pretty safe. It should not die in lane unless the Mundo does something stupid.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 3:06pm | Report
Still, I already know the problem of Mundo. The only thing he can really do is building tanky and therfor can't carry a team. Builds with items like Liandry's Torment look cool, but do not actually have a great effect for him.
He is gonna kill you!!!
I post stuff
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 3:41am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Still, I already know the problem of Mundo. The only thing he can really do is building tanky and therfor can't carry a team. Builds with items like Liandry's Torment look cool, but do not actually have a great effect for him.

A fed Dr. Mundo is a huge pain in the *** though.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 3:46am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Wut? :O

Mundo is pretty much unkillable and deals a decent amount of damage. Therefor he CAN carry a team. If Mundo rushes in the enemy team taking barely any damage while dealing decent amount of damage aswell, the rest of the team can finish it off easily. Liandrys doesn't "look cool", it increased the damage by Q so much, that Mundo becomes a killing tank. Also, since you are in the middle of the team, W will also drain their total health, as a bonus, per second. How is that not a great effect on him?

I played some Mundo lately (again), and as long the enemy does not have a lot of grievous wounds, Mundo is suprisingly fine most of the time.

I do agree though that TP is a must. You might have some problems pre-6 allowing you to recall early. Later on it is great for splitpushing (cuz Mundo is great at that aswell) and can just TP to your team if they have any probs. TP is awsum :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide