Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ezreal or Kog'maw ?

Creator: Francon2 January 31, 2012 12:11pm
MiamiHurricane
<Member>
MiamiHurricane's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 10:35am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

@CasterMaster, they're never going to give him CC. Ezreal himself has said so. They don't like giving someone with no CC some random CC and vise-versa. Imagine if Morde suddenly got a free slow on any of his skills. It doesn't make sense.

Ez has team utility and while he isn't the best AD carry, it may be because he's a hybrid caster. Damage output is directly tied to his mana bar. Throw him mid lane and force people out of lane early. He's a much bigger force there than he is bot lane. Especially because he can push the lane from halfway across the map.

I've seen some pretty amazing Ezreals mid. I played against one who literally never failed to last-hit, rushed a wriggle's lantern, and then ignored everything I threw at him because of his sustain. I don't think either of us died in the laning phase, but he ended ahead by over 50 creeps. I wasn't even playing badly either.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 10:42am | Report
Back when it was the norm for AD carries mid, I played him there during free week, started Long sword and mana potion. Rushed manamune and played super aggressive.

Needless to say, I didn't use smartcast back then and missed about 10% of my shots. I still won about 90% of my games.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 10:43am | Report
I just think AP Ez is probably better. The mid lane is a good spot for Ezreal in terms of the lane structure and the dynamic, and I think he scales better with AP but I'm not certain.
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2012 12:45pm | Report
AP Ez is the only Ez I ever consider a threat. Actually one game I fed an AP ez a couple kills cuz I did stupid things thinking he was AD ez and would do no damage. Then all of a sudden trueshot barrage for 1/3 my HP. Oops.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 4:19pm | Report
Have any of you ever seen a good Ez? If he gets fed then at end game every five seconds his name will be yelled by the announcer for getting another kill.

He does no damage? Hahahaha, where did you ever get that idea? Not only does he destroy tanks but he has a 2 second cooldown on his nuke which does about 400 dmg. No damage? He can bring a full team to half health with his ult in a team fight then pick the rest off in a matter of seconds.

I've 2v5'd with him against a team of all tanks with a Lee Sin and I destroyed them while he tanked. Seriously people think he's bad because no one knows how to use him or build him. It irks me.

Then people try to blame me if we lose because "I doomed us by playing Ez". Then I just point to the scoreboard and damage output and they have to shut up. Plus if you build crit items on him then his auto attack does 800 dmg end game twice a second (three times with his passive charged).

Maybe kog does more damage, but I find that Ez is one of those skill champs. If you're good with them you can do things with him that make people go wtf. I love myself some Kog maw, but Ez is my favorite champ.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 5:20pm | Report
^Dude... space does help make ppl actually want to read your posts...

btt:

While everyone talks about one side or the other:
Why no hybrid Ez?

Skip out on AS/Crit, and start early with AD and add the AP later.
Max CDR, enough mana.

But actually HOW does AP Ez deal his dmg? Despite the Ulti I can't imagine him running around spamming his Q to fasten the CD on Flux while literally suiciding with an aggressive Shift abuse...?
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 5:32pm | Report
^There's a guide on hybrid ez here.

It works pretty well :p Was at #2 after Booshido's guide a while back.

AP Ez does his damage purely through pokes, the AoE on W, and his ult. E is used for escaping, I think. His Q actually does liek 700 with full build. It's pretty scary.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 5:35pm | Report
Ah damn, totally forgot about Lich Bane there, makes more sense now.

Anyway... I wouldn't recommend that build, pretty old, too.
Rajhani
<Member>
Rajhani's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 11:29pm | Report
Kog'Maw is fun, and you'll probably find an easier time carrying a game with him. But if you can master Ezreal, he's much more rewarding. He's harder to learn but his playstyle is so fun and you can still easily carry.
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 5:58pm | Report
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide