Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav bot lane support champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki September 11, 2014 5:35pm
1 2 3 4
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 5:35pm | Report
Who is your fav bot lane support champ and why? What builds do you use, what tricks you know?
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 11:27pm | Report
Currently, for me, it is Malphite. Good poke at the early levels while you can take some hits for your carry thanks to Granite Shield. Thanks to the slow of Ground Slam, you win trades. And finally, probably the most badass ultimate which turns the tide of every bot lane. You can build AP or go full tank, I currently prefer tank in order to be a nightmare in teamfights. But AP is also fun if the enemy team looses 1/2 or more of their HP out of nowhere, instantly killing carries. Also, the perfect synergy to Yasuo mid which makes ganking for him super easy.
People say Alistar is just a better version of him, I disagree. Alistar has no poke and basically only Malphite's ultimate. The rest is either selfish or nonexistant.
He is gonna kill you!!!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2014 11:05pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Currently, for me, it is Malphite. Good poke at the early levels while you can take some hits for your carry thanks to Granite Shield. Thanks to the slow of Ground Slam, you win trades. And finally, probably the most badass ultimate which turns the tide of every bot lane. You can build AP or go full tank, I currently prefer tank in order to be a nightmare in teamfights. But AP is also fun if the enemy team looses 1/2 or more of their HP out of nowhere, instantly killing carries. Also, the perfect synergy to Yasuo mid which makes ganking for him super easy.
People say Alistar is just a better version of him, I disagree. Alistar has no poke and basically only Malphite's ultimate. The rest is either selfish or nonexistant.

jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2014 11:10pm | Report
Frost Queen Janna + Frost Queen's Claim

Soraka. Take as much MPen + CDR and hope for the best.
My Guides

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2014 11:27pm | Report
I like Vel'koz support.

I remember during release I'd play him as support and shoot his Q into the wall and detonate it inside for a near guaranteed hit.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2014 11:30pm | Report
Nami

she's just so much fun
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 12:16am | Report

Basically MOBAFire.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 2:08am | Report
Lulu or Karma are tied as my favorite supports. I just like my supports to have a lot of utility in general and good damage to pair it up with, I'm really aggressive with them and can usually be good at helping win the lane. Mid to late game I decide between going full ap or getting support items, depending on enemy team and how my team is doing. Per example, if my adc shows me that he's a complete moron, I'll probably go full AP since I can't trust that person to carry me :3

I don't have a lot of tricks, I just react to the situation. Karma and Lulu both have great poke so I try to get either the enemy support or the enemy carry low early game with autos and spells. As soon as the enemy carry gets sustain I start focusing my poke more on the support so they need to position better or risk having to go back. The rest depends a lot on the game.

Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 3:09am | Report
1. Alistar - CC monster, great for peeling and secondary engage. Combos are always satisfying to land. Only problem is his sub par laning pre-6.

2. Leona - amazing engage, a ton of damage through passive and generally dominant laning phase.

3. Thresh - safe laning phase, capable playing of passive and agressive. His lategame is not impressive, but he's still incredibly fun to play.

NicknameMy wrote:

Even if you think that the only thing that alistar has is malphite ultimate (and it's not true), that ultimate is only on a 17 second cooldown and you don't have to wait 6 levels to get it.
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 4:04am | Report
Yeah, that is the positive thing about Alistar, the negative thing is that he has no poke, something Malphite has, together with a movement speed slow. Also, an AS slow can really cripple the enemy carry, especially in combination with Exhaust.

Hmm, if an AS slow is a weaker version of a blind, why not create a weaker version of a silence, a spell which increases cooldowns. Would be funny to watch.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide