Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav bot lane support champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki September 11, 2014 5:35pm
1 2 3 4
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 7:09pm | Report
Zyra. Powerful poke and zoning, stomps on any other support when it comes to damage. Temporary mini-wards from Rampant Growth means you can cover bushes without a green trinket. Once she get's Liandry's Torment, her harass is lethal and finishes fights before they ever begin.

Don't waste her mana for a meaningless poke, like placing it inside the minions or leaving it at a poor range for harassing. Try to die where you're able to utilize your passive, Rise of the Thorns, so position your place of death as best as possible. Weak Lv 1 thanks to her reliance on Rampant Growth.

I also play Sona, Nami, and Janna, but they're definitely not picked as often as my Zyra.

Malphite is not a support.
I hate Blitzcrank with a passion, any good one will always achieve something because of his oppressive zoning.
If you want to help me, teach me.
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 7:25pm | Report
At the moment, I'm obsessed with Nami. She has sustain, poke, all-in/catch potential, and has amazing disengage, overall a really reliable pick.

I personally like building tanky/utility with items like Mikael's Blessing, Locket of the Iron Solari, Randuin's Omen so on. But if my team is already super tanky I get items like Morellonomicon, Twin Shadows or Ardent Censer for the extra damage/utility on Q, E, and R, as well as additional healing power on W.
Made this sig myself :)
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 1:11am | Report
I played Janna back in Season 3 as my favorite support because I was used to be a pretty passive player (maybe I'm still that kind of player) and the most challenging thing for me was using Eye of the Storm on the right target at the right time.

I'd say Thresh, Lulu and Karma are my favorite supports all having unique abilities to throw down. Thresh for me was the most entertaining because I generally shifted from plain bad game to decent games with great kill participations in Ranked. Lulu is one of my favorite champions in league simply because of her overall design and value. I like Karma due to her ultimate and being able to deal some surprisingly good damage.
Supportts I dislike occasionally are Leona, (because people still play it) Nidalee and (even though I play her myself) Morgana.
Thanks to Ubnoxius for this sig!
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 1:40am | Report
Thresh, definitely. Because his kit is just great. His laning phase is safe, you don't have atrocious matchups, high skillcap, very rewarding and fun to play. Really, his kit is just awesome, I don't know what else to say : you are ranged, tanky, got heavy CC and utility in the form of Dark Passage.

Braum is a fun champion, though I'm still not quite good at him.
In normals, I sometimes play Poppy support Heal and Barrier, rush Trinity Force like I've learnt from Xiaowiriamu. Not ranked 'cause I'm not good enough yet ^^'
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 2:21am | Report
It would be funny to see Poppy support played in the LCS, abusing the same amount of lategame turret pressure which Viziscacsi reached.^^ Also, Poppy+ Lucian doesn't sound that bad.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 3:27am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
It would be funny to see Poppy support played in the LCS, abusing the same amount of lategame turret pressure which Viziscacsi reached.^^ Also, Poppy+ Lucian doesn't sound that bad.

I don't think that Poppy support would really work in the LCS : Lucian can E when you charge him, thus "not moving" at all, and overall, they would pay a lot of attention to their positioning.
When it comes to support matchups, I also find Karma and Nami quite hard to deal with, if they play cautiously.
Moreover, most of your gold, if not all, comes from kills and assists, so you may never reach that lategame godlike state.
Poppy does shine when it comes to baiting though. She's amazing at turning ganks around if you know how to play her.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide