Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fav bot lane support champion and why?

Creator: TotemTiki September 11, 2014 5:35pm
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2014 11:46pm | Report
Gonna be the unpopular one and say Blitzcrank. Even though he isn't really in the meta (I acknowledge that other supports such as Thresh are better in general), i like his playmaking ability, especially out of Laning phase. Yes, he has a bad Laning phase as compared to other supports, but he is a CC monster who is excellent in pick comps. I also enjoy the fact that despite his low skill floor, he does have a high skill ceiling, as knowing when to use each of his abilities, most notably his Rocket Grab and Static Field is vital in close games.

Many people say that he is a one trick pony as his only "flashy" play is his grab, but he is not entirely one-dimensional. He is one of the few supports that can carry his team to victory just by making a big play at a crucial moment, whether in the Laning phase or during team fights.

Whenever I have to support a Jinx, Blitz is always one of my first support choices for some reason I find they work so well together. But he has fallen off the Meta as of late...

But that is still one of my favorite ADC Support combos
Sig by Janitsu
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 12:47am | Report
Well, if I would have the option between Blitzcrank, Leona or Thresh, I would definitly go for Thresh as he has the biggest potential of them all to make plays. Of course, Blitzcrank is better when the enemy is in a safe place and you want to pull him out, but otherwise, Thresh packs in way more if he actually hits someone. Leona has the better cc to shutdown the whole enemy team, but when you will need that? Picking 1 100% sure is more important than locking the whole enemy team down and maybe killing them. Thresh also has, different to Blitzcrank or Leona, the choice where he goes. And dat lantern...

Also, I think, you did understand the CDR increase thing wrong. It does not make the cooldowns longer which are on cooldown, it makes the cooldowns longer which are casted while under influence of it. Basically a 20% increase of cooldowns, they then have a choice. Either use spells and suffer from a longer cooldown or don't cast spells and wait until it is over. This is basically a silence with counterplay options. But I think, a flat CD increase would be better her to hit champs equal. Or either having a flat one or percentage one depending on how long it lasts.

Example: You cast this spell on an Amumu which wants to go in. The question is now, do i use my ult, as it will be on a longer cooldown if I cast it and put me out of fights longer. Or do I wait until it is over and don't give the enemy team a time where he can dominate my team, because I don't have my ult. This is more interesting than a silence, which just forbids me from using my ult.

Example 2: Ryze. Ryze will spam through his spells no matter what, and increasing their cooldown for like 2-3 seconds just lowers his dps, similar to how AS would lower the DPS of a physical damage carry. It doesn't shut him down completly, like a silence / blind for carries.

Also, I am surprised no Poppy support came up by now.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 2:24am | Report
Blitzcrank (...) making a big play at a crucial moment (...)

Hitting rocket grab is never a big play. It can be a decent one when taking a target off of a carry from a faraway place but that's it.

My problem with blitzcrank is that it wants to be the one to initiate or catch people offbalance, but that's all. If it's not favorable (say when I'm a fed Swain idgaf if he grabs me, I can get my ult off every single time, cast W and Zhonya and have my team followup on a free initiate) or if your team's the one getting initiated on your usefullness because relative at best.

There's absolutely nothing about his kit that makes him complex and he steals CS without wanting to, which is really annoying.
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Teh Grazzh0pper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 2:55am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Hitting rocket grab is never a big play. It can be a decent one when taking a target off of a carry from a faraway place but that's it.

My problem with blitzcrank is that it wants to be the one to initiate or catch people offbalance, but that's all. If it's not favorable (say when I'm a fed Swain idgaf if he grabs me, I can get my ult off every single time, cast W and Zhonya and have my team followup on a free initiate) or if your team's the one getting initiated on your usefullness because relative at best.

There's absolutely nothing about his kit that makes him complex and he steals CS without wanting to, which is really annoying.

Sounds like you've never met a decent Blitzcrank player before.
Thanks to VirusNG for the awesome sig!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 3:28am | Report
Sorry, the top elo I saw a blitzcrank at was Plat 1 and never saw one do anything a Thresh couldn't have done better.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 6:16am | Report
Blitzcrank is really more of a cheese pick imo. Rating Thresh, Leona and Blitzcrank, Blitzcrank is probably the weakest of the 3. He's a one-trick pony, which is why he's probably the weakest.

Don't get me wrong, if a good Blitzcrank player takes the positional advantage in lane, it can be quite terrifying his ADC racks up kills, which is what makes him dangerous. But if the lane goes even or bad, it's a helluva lot harder for him to carry out than, say, Leona or Thresh, because he can't freely make plays, whereas the other two can. Blitzcrank grabbing a fed enemy usually just results in free kills for the enemy.

Leona is weaker than Thresh in that she doesn't have as many options for disengage and engage, making Thresh a stronger all-round pick. She contains a lot stronger all-in than Thresh does, but she has no real options for getting out.

But Blitzcrank is just cheese through-and-through.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 10:08am | Report
What I dislike about Blitzcrank, is that it can be REALLY bad if you hook the wrong person. If you hook an enemy amumu, welll, then you just gave your opponents a free initiate.

Admittedly, I do think it is very fun to pull an assassin away from your carry in a team fight
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 11:20am | Report
sirell wrote:
Rating Thresh, Leona and Blitzcrank, Blitzcrank is probably the weakest of the 3.
Isn't that, like, beyond obvious?
Firehusary
<Member>
Firehusary's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 11:22am | Report
Well, I like the most Janna, Lulu and Leona.

I love Janna because she was first support I've ever played with. She has can disengage beautiful, and she can save her teammates no matter what. Also, she is so f*ing quick. I like to build Talisman, Mikeal, Zhonya, Liandry or even Mejais on her.

Then I like to play Leona, because:
- I have a goodlooking skin (i regret buyiung forecast janna soooooooo muuuuuch)
- Tons of CC and she is feared among ~9/10 of Silver players. xD
I remember I loved to play her in my beginnigs too... I once even won 1 vs.3 lane.

I like Lulu too because of amount of plays you can do and her versality. full AP? NP
full tank? NP
utility? NP.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2014 4:34pm | Report
Quoted:
Isn't that, like, beyond obvious?

4 paragraphs and that's all you take from it? It's nice that all you notice is the 'beyond obvious' stuff, kappa.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide