Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Fighting AD/AS Sion

Creator: Angelbroken February 15, 2013 2:50am
Angelbroken
<Member>
Angelbroken's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2013 2:50am | Report
Most Sions are pretty standard. Nothing special. Just another hero on the fields of battle.

But every once in awhile, usually wearing the legendary skin; out of seemingly nowhere, comes a sion so vicious and devastating it makes you rage quit for a week. (Totally not me)

I'm talking of course about the attack speed / lifesteal AD Sion. There has been a few matches where a Sion will solo top, and nothing really special will happen. Sometimes, he'll even die a bunch and be 0-6 for the first 20 minutes. Then suddenly, he's legendary with 20+ kills. And it's always the exact same build, Infinity Edge , Phantom Dancer , Bloodthirster ect.ect.

In twisted treeline this is even MORE horrifying - It only happened to me once, but we were winning about 20-10. And out of nowhere a Sion with not a single kill yet, started to dominate every fight. (Our team did not have much CC, and ignites only work for a few seconds. Not enough to fight all that lifesteal)

What causes this? None of the champions I play can EVER recover this well from a bad start. Even if you push him to 0-6 like we did that one game, all he has to do is wait >_< Is there ANY way to counter this? Particularly on Twisted Treeline?
Kuukai85
<Member>
Kuukai85's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2013 6:05am | Report
Thanks to his naturally tanky nature, Sion can recover very well from a bad start. You died a lot? Sit in the jungle, farm a little, and easily get HP and the gold for your items. The tfs become his playground, thanks to the ult.. And if he's dying, just shield, stun and run. It's a safe pick against teams with low CC (as you saw in your TT game) and S3 helped a lot with items that help him to get more and more sustain.

The way to counter him? Grievious Wound and tons of CC. If you don't have CC, buy items that give it to you (Raduin, Rilay, Iceborn, etc..) and block him until the ult is gone. Then, eat him alive.
Be a grammar nazi with me, i need to improve my english T_T
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2013 10:07pm | Report
Gonna be honest, there is no way that should even actually happen. Pure DPS Sion ( Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster and Phantom Dancer) is in my opinion an even more Master Yi version of Master Yi. CC him down and he cannot reach you in any way (he barely has anything to reach his enemies) AND CC him and he can't attack = he can't lifesteal so he's just going to die instantly.

I know it's cheap because everyone hears that often but really the counters to a Glass Cannon Melee AD Carry are just: Kite him, CC him down, Burst him down/Focus Him.

Also, as Kuukai85 said, Grievous Wound ( Ignite or Morellonomicon or Executioner's Calling) and items that provide slows (may it be movement speed or attack speed slow) are strong against him.

Some pretty neat counters to him are Malphite, Nasus, Nunu & Willump and any team that actually can focus an enemy.

Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :3
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 2:35am | Report
And I think that is why bruiser Sion is better than ad/as Sion, the more HP, the better.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide