Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Galio runes

Creator: Searz October 3, 2011 7:00am
1 2 3
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 11:15am | Report
Oh searz... ur asking for help on theory crafting galio runes, and several people that PLAY galio have given you advice but all you do is tell them they are wrong. Why even bother posting in theory crafting if you arent open to different ideas?

No one is right or wrong. Its just options and why that option works.

Flat MR quints are not good. Maybe MR/lvl, but Flat is pointless. If ur looking for the early damage just get AP quints then. Galio is a MR tank and you will build more than enough MR anyways. JUST AP quints gives you 15 AP. thats already more offensive than what you were getting excited about. Don't be afraid to put actual AP on a tanky caster. Sure, his passive is convenient, but at some point building AP is just better than building more MR.

I agree with Evil on yellows. I think mana is incredibly important on galio, especially without chalice.

Reds are obvious.

Blues should be MR/lvl because... well they just should. If you need an explanation for that I question your offtank knowledge base.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 11:47am | Report
^ Restrictnine has a point.

Personally, I run with magic penetration marks, mana regen seals, mr/level glyphs and magic resist quintessences.
I'm not quite sure about the mana regen seals, so far I like them but they might not be necessary because buying Philosopher's Stone + Chalice of Harmony might solve his mana problems without needing an extra boost by using mana regen seals. Health/level or armor seals would probably replace them, I guess..

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 12:07pm | Report
Quoted:

Oh searz... ur asking for help on theory crafting galio runes, and several people that PLAY galio have given you advice but all you do is tell them they are wrong. Why even bother posting in theory crafting if you arent open to different ideas?

Lol, someone doesn't like me.
I said in the OP that I had decided on quints already, yet ppl keep talking about them :(
I was negative towards MP5/lvl seals at first, but since so many mention them I guess there's something to it.

Quoted:
Flat MR quints are not good. Maybe MR/lvl, but Flat is pointless. If ur looking for the early damage just get AP quints then. Galio is a MR tank and you will build more than enough MR anyways. JUST AP quints gives you 15 AP. thats already more offensive than what you were getting excited about. Don't be afraid to put actual AP on a tanky caster. Sure, his passive is convenient, but at some point building AP is just better than building more MR.

Uneducated opinion (that you say that MR is bad, AP isn't a bad option).
I'd rather take MR runes and skip some MR item for an AP item.

Quoted:
Blues should be MR/lvl because... well they just should. If you need an explanation for that I question your offtank knowledge base.

Real reasoning is real.
Real reasons have been said already and I'm considering them, but I'm still leaning slightly towards flat MR because of reasons I've stated a few times.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 12:12pm | Report
I think blues might depend on where you're laning. Flat MR if you're mid. Scaling MR if you're not mid.

If you're supporting bot or soloing top, you won't really need a ton of MR until later anyway.

I suppose you could say the same for quints. MR if you're mid, AP if you're not. But I won't get into quints b/c that's not what you asked. Something to consider though.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 10:09pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

^ Restrictnine has a point.

Personally, I run with magic penetration marks, mana regen seals, mr/level glyphs and magic resist quintessences.
I'm not quite sure about the mana regen seals, so far I like them but they might not be necessary because buying Philosopher's Stone + Chalice of Harmony might solve his mana problems without needing an extra boost by using mana regen seals. Health/level or armor seals would probably replace them, I guess..

Unless you're spamming spells on cooldown, you don't need any MP regen from items. Of course, if you're solo top and spamming Q on cooldown to harass your enemy laner (I generally ignore my opposite number and focus on CS), you'll need some.

I've never been a fan of Chalice, and never will. I think it's a waste unless you're laning against someone where the MR will be valuable (solo mid or an AP top.) Starting with a Doran's Ring gives you more HP, MP regen, and the same amount of AP - so I usually start with a Doran's Ring.

I usually recommend making a Philo Stone. It'll provide you with all the sustain a gargoyle could need, boosts your income, and can later be turned into Shurelia's or sold off if you like.

At low Elo, just start with a mana crystal and potions. You won't need any of the boosts from Doran's/Philstone anyway.

Thanks to Jsta for the sig image.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 2:28am | Report
Urscythe wrote:

Unless you're spamming spells on cooldown, you don't need any MP regen from items. Of course, if you're solo top and spamming Q on cooldown to harass your enemy laner (I generally ignore my opposite number and focus on CS), you'll need some.

I've never been a fan of Chalice, and never will. I think it's a waste unless you're laning against someone where the MR will be valuable (solo mid or an AP top.) Starting with a Doran's Ring gives you more HP, MP regen, and the same amount of AP - so I usually start with a Doran's Ring.

I usually recommend making a Philo Stone. It'll provide you with all the sustain a gargoyle could need, boosts your income, and can later be turned into Shurelia's or sold off if you like.

At low Elo, just start with a mana crystal and potions. You won't need any of the boosts from Doran's/Philstone anyway.

If I don't buy a Chalice, I can't play agressively if I want because I'll often run out of mana. Now, Galio might not be the best champion to win a lane with anyway, but I like to be able to spam my abilities to not only farm but also harass the enemy laner to a certain extent. When focusing on CS you wont need it, I think.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide