Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Good-bye Gangplank [WARNING: Contains rage and...

Creator: Dante Rebellion April 27, 2011 9:19am
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 12:27am | Report
Well I didn't want to spam general discussion with this... Btw guys after testing like 20 builds I think I have something going, and I might even write a guide up on it..

Doran's blade (E skill) - Gives you everything you need to survive in your lane, and parrley does pretty heavy damage with the blade... E is a great skill to start with since it will give you some sort of boost in damage that is consistent.

Ionian Boots - cooldown reduction, so I can spam my parrley more

Phantom Dancer - Gives me the much needed crit, attack speed and movement, helps me farm and hurt enemies.

Spirit Visage - Right, usually people get infinity edge right now for the harder crits, but my theory is you wont deal damage when you are DEAD. Spirit visage gives me important MR, cooldown reduction and better heals with my W. Yes spirit visage is focused on making my W heal more and thus helping me survive

Infinity Edge - Maximize crit damage

Frozen Mallet - A constant slow, much needed and some health for survival..

Banshee / Guardian - Havnt got this far, but these items look great to finish off

I use his ultimate now for farming lanes, like you know those lanes that are stacking up on minions whilst a teamfight is going on in mid... I just ultimate that lane and get farmed, whilst pressure the opponent by pushing the lane
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 3:46am | Report
ALWAYS Infinity Edge before Phantom Dancer on GP.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 5:15am | Report
Searz wrote:

ALWAYS Infinity Edge before Phantom Dancer on GP.

Tried it ages ago and its too expensive.. unfortunately..

The new gangplank has trouble farming as effectively, and cannot control the lane as much as he used to control it...

If you own gangplank searz, play him... with the build you suggest, and you will notice how nerfed he is.

BUT.. I think infinity edge could work if you have a runepage filled with crit (something I do not have)....
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 5:29am | Report
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want my account back to test out GP... I was srsly worried on the parrrley nerf and i want to test it... THe ulti seemed a good change but after reading this... hmmm...
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 5:36am | Report
Basically: his Q is about the same, his W is a little bit better, his E is worse and his R is baaaaad.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 5:38am | Report
@Dante Rebellion
I'm not saying to rush IE right away. You should probably get an Avarice Blade and Zeal before, but never Phantom Dancer before IE..
You also don't need crit runes to deal ****loads of damage with IE.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 6:06am | Report
Ionian boots
Manamune
BF Sword
Zeal
Infinity Edge
PD

Vamp scepter somewhere on the way. This was my build for GP so far... cant test the new one... but som1 might be interested in my micro-build.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 7:05am | Report
He's not very mana hungry after his changes. Manamune is kind of a waste. Just get some MP5 (or MP5/lvl) seals and 0/9/21 masteries and you'll have no trouble with mana.

Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 8:47am | Report
Searz wrote:

@Dante Rebellion
I'm not saying to rush IE right away. You should probably get an Avarice Blade and Zeal before, but never Phantom Dancer before IE..
You also don't need crit runes to deal ****loads of damage with IE.

ill try it out, Ive been hating the new gangplank ALOT... :(...
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 11:21am | Report
CV's actually bigger then that Range, and it's off cooldown more often. >_>
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide