Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hecarim Theory Craftan

Creator: caucheka April 8, 2012 2:15pm
1 2 3 4
GroovyCactus
<Member>
GroovyCactus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 1:52am | Report
I dont think that AS items would work as well, being that his Q-spamming is going to be his major damage output, but something like: Reverie, Ghostblade, Infinity Edge, Boots of Mobility, Force of Nature and Randuin's Omen (for use after Ult or Devastating Charge to make sure they NEVER get away from you, and for the extra defense from being kited from AD Carries) could work well together. I'm going to use him as a strong ganking jungler, because it seems that he would take the #1 trophy for Best Jungle Ganker. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing something like Frozen Mallet in the build somewhere, maybe replacing FoN...
Thorne
<Member>
Thorne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 3:06am | Report
I discussed builds with a friend of mine and while I am no expert as far as numbers are concerned, this is what I came up with for a tanky deeps/solotop build.

9/21/0 masteries, with runes for armor, magic resist, armor penetration and movement speed.
Start with Boots and health pots. Get a Sheen on your first B, as well as Boots of Swiftness if you can. After that, rush Trinity Force.

After that, get some more AD and survivability with B.F Sword and Giant's Belt. Once you have that, build a Force of Nature. This along with your next item, Sunfire Cape, will give you tankiness without stumping your damage. After your survivability has been secured, build for damage with Bloodthirster and Last Whisper.

the item build is Boots of Swiftness, Trinity Force, Force of Nature, Sunfire Aegis, Bloodthirster and Last Whisper.

Again, I'm no expert, but I don't see any reasons as to why this wouldn't work except possibly the high cost.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 7:38am | Report
I'm not a fan of FoN on him unless they're running double AP...And even then Maw of Malmourtius would still be more cost affective due to the higher amount of AD offered. People are getting too hung up on stacking move speed to think clearly.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 9:30am | Report
I would run him in the jungle instead of top lane, he has very nasty ganks with his speed boost and his ulty. He could even ran through the enemy tower to avoid wards. He is just too fast.
He is gonna kill you!!!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 9:46am | Report
except top lane he can pretty much dominate and get the farm required to have an unstoppable late game.
Thorne
<Member>
Thorne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 11:00am | Report
Of course he'll work in the jungle too, no doubt about that. I just want to lane because I find it more enjoyable.

I think I can see where Jeffy is coming from regarding FoN, though. Gonna have to try both when he is released and see what works better.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 4:08pm | Report
you get 25% of his bonus move speed converted into AD when you hit ~16.....He has ******ed scaling for AP....Sooo...Yeah AP Hecarim COULD be viable. I did a bot game, ended up having to start cloth 5.

Runes:
6 ArP marks 3 AS Marks
9 Armor Seals
9 AS Glyphs
2 ArP Quints 1 AS Quint

21/9/0 Masteries.

OFC no leash so I ended up having to return to base after I cleared Golems. However, it felt like he still couldn't do a full clear. Possible that I could be wrong.

His Q is EXACTLY like Skarner's even though it has a low mana cost Hecarim has like ~250 or 300 base mana. Each Q was 25 mana a pop so essentially without blue you're ****ed.

Overall he can be fun, his burst damage with a fully charged E+Q is awesome. Add in Ghostblade active or Ghost and it's a even more ridiculous.

Others will have to weigh in on him, but I don't feel his jungle will be top tier. Probably HIGH tier 2 at best.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2012 8:40am | Report

Runes
Attack Damage Reds x 3 Armor Pen Reds x 6
Armor Yellow
Choice Blue
Attack Damage Quints

Masteries
9/21/0

Skill Order
QW (then it doesn't matter)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2012 2:27pm | Report
i would max w over q tbh. r > w > q > e
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
UsernameSayWha
<Member>
UsernameSayWha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2012 8:29am | Report
Why make this guy a carry, when he has a bruiser kit and stats. Sure. Move speed is good. But don't go out of your way to buy items like Phantom Dancer or Boots of Swiftness.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide