Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Hybrid Dead?

Creator: BluAnimal October 16, 2012 9:55pm
ReprobateReality
<Member>
ReprobateReality's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2012 11:06pm | Report
Yea, hybrid died. I remember my old Warwick build. Sorcerer's Shoes, Wriggle's Lantern, Hextech Gunblade, spirit's visage, Wit's End, Guardian Angel. Oh man. . . the sustain and on-hit damage. On-hit damage is another way of the hybrid, but offers no survivability.

Hybrid builds work . . . but are expensive and glass-cannon, making it a high-risk, protect the hybrid comp. build, or luxury build. The items are more geared towards the midgame. Late-game items like Infinity Edge and Rabadon's Deathcap far outshine them. I have no idea how Riot would make hybrid viable again. Funky passives?
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."

If I helped you out, please +REP me :D
Ommadawn
<Member>
Ommadawn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 4:19pm | Report

Yea, hybrid died. I remember my old Warwick build. Sorcerer's Shoes, Wriggle's Lantern, Hextech Gunblade, spirit's visage, Wit's End, Guardian Angel. Oh man. . . the sustain and on-hit damage. On-hit damage is another way of the hybrid, but offers no survivability.

Warwick is still great as a hybridish AS/on-hit champion, very similar to your build. I run him as a magic based bruiser with ridiculous sustain and good mixed magic/physical damage. I open with a Doran's Ring for sustain, followed by Sorcerer's Shoes, Spirit Visage, Hextech Gunblade, followed by a Recurve Bow (which you later build into a Wit's End or Madred's Bloodrazor). You're a bit vulnerable to ganks early, but once you get your core you're extremely potent in small engagements as a tank and or chaser.

From there you can either finish your attack speed item, or start building really tanky. Guardian Angel, Frozen Heart Randuin's Omen and Force of Nature are all good choices because higher armor/mr values give you more value from your Hungering Strike, spellvamp and lifesteal.
jckwon2
<Member>
jckwon2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 1:32pm | Report
Sucks how theyre revamping my two favorite champions... Kayle and Teemo
animal091
<Member>
animal091's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2012 1:27pm | Report
one word teemo still viabile hybrid in fact the best teemo biulds a hybrid
KaemTCHB
<Member>
KaemTCHB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 6:32pm | Report
iSpitInYourFace
<Member>
iSpitInYourFace's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 4:28am | Report
hybrids are back guys! i m a fanatic hybrid player cause in my opinion if you master them they are the most overpowered champions and they can even crash the enemy team alone!
in season 3 there are many changes that offer extreme viability on all hybrids! :::) just make a super offensive 30/0/0 mastery page with marks and quints of hybrid penetr. and include on your favorite item build some new items such as Blade of the Ruined King+ Liandry's Torment or Zephyr+ Iceborn Gauntlet or make any combination you want of them...another good thing is the new rework of the absolute hybrid item Guinsoo's Rageblade!!! Hextech Gunblade meet his brother! HYBRIDS NOT DEAD! ;;;)
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 6:56am | Report
hybrids always been dead.
iSpitInYourFace
<Member>
iSpitInYourFace's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 8:06am | Report
Embracing wrote:

omg! i ve been playing for 2 years now undead champions!!! COOL! :::P
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 2:04pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

In comparative raw strength, yes. I do find myself enjoying the new rageblade though. Its passive is amazing for bruisers and if you can make use of it you become quite the best to be reckoned with. What i'm trying to say is that it is MORE viable than it USE to be.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2012 2:06pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

No. Ever since the Jax rework it has been dead. Jax was the ultimate hybrid.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide