Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Item Idea: Clairvoyant's Boots

Creator: Jpikachu1999 April 27, 2012 2:04pm
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 8:53am | Report
^
My point exactly, the supports are the only likely ones to buy these, and even then, they are sacrificing CDR boots or Merc treads.

To anyone who thinks this would give way too many free wards. That's like saying that a team can't have 5 Wriggle's Lanterns. They sure can, but only very few roles want to actually buy it.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 9:11am | Report
Riot said they will never make "a support's wriggles" because it's now a "must buy" item for them.

As they already have a small cash flow, this is obviously a bad thing.

If you take away their merc treads, they're going to buy Elesia's miracle for the tenacity. But then they lose out on the speed boost...

It's not a toxic item in it's self but, it suffers from Boots of Swiftness syndrome where every item does it better and you would only buy this in very, very small circumstances.
True love is found only in yourself.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 12:23pm | Report
Supports can technically buy Wriggle's Lantern anyways. Do they? Of course not, but they still can.

1 ward every 3 minutes means one infinitely renewable ward spot, however, most supports still buy 2 - 4 wards every time they go back. That's still a bunch of money they spend on wards.

No, this isn't a "must buy" item, because look at all the support guides currently. How many of them use CDR boots? I don't know about everyone, but I usually see quite a few supports run CDR boots, and the rest run Mercury's Treads.

If you run CDR boots, you already are giving up tenacity. Assuming you get your 2 G/10 items before tier 2 boots, you will likely get these boots around 15 - 20 minutes into the game.

Usually, late game, wards are used when a team goes to do an objective such as baron or dragon, so they are usually bought in groups.

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 1:05pm | Report
Oh, yea. Something I completely forgot.

The Gp10 that the supports gets roughly equates to 1 ward every 3 minutes. Give or take.

Keep in mind, that's from 1 item. Also, the reason supports get 3-4 wards every back is because passive gold gives about that much. We're not including the GP10 masteries, runes or items. Just base GP10.
True love is found only in yourself.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 4:55pm | Report
Actually, the base Gp10 of all champions is 13/10, which means ~ 57.7 seconds for 1 ward. Though, to be honest, spending 173 seconds for 3 wards is kind of bad, considering you need to be getting your other Gp10 items early, so that they pay themselves off, not to mention that you need to buy other items as well. 3 minutes is equal to 1/10 of a game, considering 30 minutes, or 1/15 of a game considering 45 minutes for a game.

So, yes, you are right. Every back, assuming around 5-7 minutes per back, supports buy 3-4 wards. However, you only get 546 gold in 7 minutes with just your base Gp10, nothing else. Since most supports start with Faerie Charm, Philosopher's Stone costs 620 gold, meaning that, even 8 and a half minutes into the game, you can't afford a Philosopher's Stone straight up.

The whole point of these boots, is to make supports decide on what items in general to get. Currently, for supports, the itemization is very limited. Mercs, Shurelya's, Locket/Randuin's, Aegis. Adding in another boot choice opens up new item paths, for example: CV Boots, Eleisa's, Shurelya's, Aegis, which would be interesting in my opinion.

Also, how do supports have a small cash flow? From their current builds, they have the most cashflow out of anybody, and can pretty much outscale anyone given enough time. Sure, it's not as fast as getting CS, but it's a pretty constant source of income. Plus, if you leave a support to farm a lane (hold the lane basically), they become rich really fast.

MasterShorty
<Member>
MasterShorty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2012 10:33am | Report
I dont like this idea for the following reasons
1. You could just buy regular boots and sight wards for cheaper...and you get more bonuses.
2. Only the really bad players will use it... unbalancing the team.
3. Good players will exploit it...pretty much melt anyone stupid enough to not take boots with MR or Armour, or CD, or M pen etc etc.
JUNGLE AMUMU BAYBAY!!!
Robo Ninja Monky
<Member>
Robo Ninja Monky's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 3:40am | Report
I like the idea, I was also thinking of gold per 5 boots a while back. This is a good idea though plain and simple.
Deleted.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 9:04am | Report
Hmm, another combination would be:

Boots, Vision Ward, 1025 g

UNIQUE Passive: enhanced movement 2, gain an additional 5 gold every 10 seconds
UNIQUE Active: Places a Vision Ward with 600 cast range. 3 minute cooldown.

Now every support wants dat ****.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 3:23pm | Report
Once again, Nick comes in with a completely unbalanced idea. Whatever. Just gonna say that is way too over powered.

iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2012 3:30pm | Report
Well, he's nick looking for reps...

Y'know what? Maybe it can shoot out 2 wards because then it would be worth the price. You can counter these with Oracle's Elixer too. Anyways, CDR boots or mercs are the best boots for supports...
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide