Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kat: AP, AD, or Hybrid?

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard May 4, 2011 11:26pm
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 8:03pm | Report
any time :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 4:21am | Report
Until Wrath gets rid of the early Soulstealers in his guides he's not to be trusted in build making..
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 4:27am | Report
Searz wrote:

Until Wrath gets rid of the early Soulstealers in his guides he's not to be trusted in build making..

ROFL, whats bad about early soulstealer?
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 5:22am | Report
I'm too lazy to write up a bunch of reasons, but the biggest and pretty major consequence is:
You spend money on something you might get later when you need the money the most. You lose the early advantage which you need to get the item stacked. Pretty damn stupid strategy.

Snowball items should only be bought when you're ahead of the enemy in levels and gold. That's why they're situational at best.
I've told him this several times, but he refuses to listen --.--
I guess he's so low in elo that it doesn't matter.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 5:39am | Report
There's so many reasons that soulstealer (and the other stacking items) aren't good, moreso than just ruining early game - for instance, the psychological effect ruins their situational value.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 5:51am | Report
It's just a bad item concept in general. It wouldn't be a problem if LoL was set up to gives kills to the person who dealt the most damage regardless of who got the last hit, so that assists would truly be assists, but these items just encourage KS-ing. And once you've KS-ed enough for a benefit it's just a giant sign over your head saying "FOCUS ME PLZ!!!".
The4thHorseman
<Member>
The4thHorseman's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 2:56pm | Report
AP. Killer Instincts + Shunpo to Death Lotus in the middle of a teamfight with a Janna supporting you and watch their HP drop like a rock.
Karma. Leblanc. Twisted Fate. Kennen. Cassiopeia. One might say that I'm a sucker for difficult champs. One would be very correct in saying so.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 6:28pm | Report
I like rushing a Hextech Gunblade then Rabadons but no idea if it's good or bad tbh

On snowball items.. Well, I never understand why they are in the game. I mean if you're winning already (enough to grab a snowball) why would Riot give you an item to make you win even harder and make comebacks impossible?

On top of the points Searz said.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 6:32pm | Report
A friend of mine (who likes doing math a lot) spent an evening doing all the math for AD Kat vs. AP Kat and came to the conclusion that AP Kat does more damage by quite a bit, and has far better ability to keep that damage since AD Kat with multiple bloodthirsters looses all her damage every time she dies.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 4:41am | Report
@Searz,

yea, I meant to remove the SS on Malz guide, too lazy though, maybe I will today...with Kat it is just so easy to stack up, she is the only one I *almost* always get SS for...and most of the time keep 20 stacks...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide