Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

*LoL Community Suggestion* - Removing the...

Creator: DarkPercy May 10, 2013 7:20am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 11:33am | Report
Alcasea wrote:

i guess the guy who started the "remove the smite thinghy" is either always buff stolen or sucks at ganking XD anyway i disagree with the idea because a jungler takes smite to have a disadvantage in ganks. i also think that neutrals should just get the "whenever they die they get stronger and richer" buff which every time a neutral is killed it respawn with more gold and exp reward up to a cap. this would balance the jungler while not making them op. but honestly i don't think that jungles don't need any buffs or nerfs right nnow because i believe the jungle is a safe are for farming (unless of course with counter jungles).

Jungle monsters already become stronger with time and also give out more gold and experience as the game progresses :P
My AP Xin Zhao guide is on the way!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2013 4:12pm | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

Jungle monsters already become stronger with time and also give out more gold and experience as the game progresses :P

yeah but didnt they change it so that they dont get more gold the longer they sit without being killed?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
BuckoBonzai
<Member>
BuckoBonzai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 1:53am | Report
I feel that even though sometimes the large damage of a smite is necessary for preventing a counter-jungle steal of red/blue etc., maybe someone should consider making the hunter's machete a stronger damage increase to minions in addition to getting rid of smite. It would not matter much if laner's want to buy a jungler item for CS purposes, in the end they have to sell it to make room for a better fighting item. I also propose increasing the cost of items with minion damage procs like wriggles lantern while creating a proc counter which gets rid of proc randomness and makes an item proc every 3 or 5 hits.

what you guys think?
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 4:41am | Report

I feel that even though sometimes the large damage of a smite is necessary for preventing a counter-jungle steal of red/blue etc., maybe someone should consider making the hunter's machete a stronger damage increase to minions in addition to getting rid of smite. It would not matter much if laner's want to buy a jungler item for CS purposes, in the end they have to sell it to make room for a better fighting item. I also propose increasing the cost of items with minion damage procs like wriggles lantern while creating a proc counter which gets rid of proc randomness and makes an item proc every 3 or 5 hits.

what you guys think?

People brought this up a long time ago on the LoL forums. Apparently it wasn't a ''good'' idea because players could just wait till they have their proc up and all attack dragon at the same time and do like 1500 damage instantly (making it impossible to steal). But this was said back when the meta was having 3 people with Wriggle's Lantern (the ADC used to get it sometime back in S1-S2) so I don't know if Riot have changed their mind about that idea. I personally hate randomness in this game so I'm for it. Also, Wriggle's Lantern kinda needs some love at the moment, no one ever gets it it seems.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 6:21am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

People brought this up a long time ago on the LoL forums. Apparently it wasn't a ''good'' idea because players could just wait till they have their proc up and all attack dragon at the same time and do like 1500 damage instantly (making it impossible to steal). But this was said back when the meta was having 3 people with Wriggle's Lantern (the ADC used to get it sometime back in S1-S2) so I don't know if Riot have changed their mind about that idea. I personally hate randomness in this game so I'm for it. Also, Wriggle's Lantern kinda needs some love at the moment, no one ever gets it it seems.

I'm noone, nice to meet you.

But i agree it's rather bad 9/10 games on junglers who used to have it as a core item.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 7:17am | Report
Quoted:

I'm noone, nice to meet you.

But i agree it's rather bad 9/10 games on junglers who used to have it as a core item.

Nice to meet you, I'm also no one :3

I build it on Xin Zhao
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 8:34am | Report
I think, just increasing the proc chance and maybe also the AD by 5 would be enough.
BuckoBonzai
<Member>
BuckoBonzai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 1:11pm | Report
If you make Wriggles lantern expensive, who cares if a whole team buys it to try to use it to steal baron or whatever, the expense of buying the item would be debuffing the team in a way and counteract the benefits of the baron buff.

it would still be viable for jungling because atleast the jungler would be able to increase counter on small monsters and focus proc on large monsters.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 1:21pm | Report
So you want to make it that the only item with a ' Smite' active is expensive enough so that the jungler, who has the second least amount of gold income as it is, unable to buy it until mid-game. In that case, not even the jungler would be able to buy it. One of the cons with the present Wriggle's Lantern is that it's gold inefficient to upgrade from madred's razor. Putting a Smite active on it and increasing its prices isn't going to help anyone.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 2:31pm | Report
sirell wrote:

So you want to make it that the only item with a ' Smite' active is expensive enough so that the jungler, who has the second least amount of gold income as it is, unable to buy it until mid-game. In that case, not even the jungler would be able to buy it. One of the cons with the present Wriggle's Lantern is that it's gold inefficient to upgrade from madred's razor. Putting a Smite active on it and increasing its prices isn't going to help anyone.

Don't go too far, junglers aren't THAT poor lol. Still, what you say is still mostly true, forcing junglers into buying an item for Smite won't help them so IMO it's just moving the weakness around for no reason.
Nighthawk:

quit flirting with my waifu

or i'll fight you

TO THE DEATH

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide