Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MR Reduction + M.Pen Teemo idea

Creator: Tuxedo Vaile August 5, 2016 4:17pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Tuxedo Vaile
<Member>
Tuxedo Vaile's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2016 4:17pm | Report
Hello everyone, we've all seen AP Teemo before and we've also seen M.Pen Teemo as well but there's a build idea that I've been thinking about more in tune with the latter build that I haven't really seen before. That build would be an M.Pen build that also uses Wit's End and Abyssal Mask to really bypass those resistances.

Is there a reason people don't do this though? Wouldn't Wit's End and Abyssal Mask synergize really well with items like Void Staff, Liandry's Torment, and Sorcerer's Shoes on someone like Teemo? I mean most M.Pen builds will get Abyssal Mask sure, but on someone like Teemo who's got plenty of Magic damage on his AA's why not add a Wit's End to the mix and increase the damage output you have by that much more with it?

All over Lolking and Mobafire here I haven't really found this type of M.Pen build on him yet. I can only imagine that there's a reason for that though. Could anyone perhaps enlighten my novice mind?

Personally I would think it to be a bit strong but I also haven't tested it yet either because I'm not sure what build order should be prioritized when possible and I want to master Teemo a bit better anyways before trying out such an aggressive and potentially risky build.

Anyways, thank you for your time and input in advance! :D
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2016 7:03pm | Report
Now this has a lot more of cohesion than the full shred idea. It's still not optimal, but optimal is boring, so who cares? It's also quite neat that there are 5 different magic penetration (or reduction, or whatever) items.

30 flat penetration, 10-25 (scaling on level?) aura reduction, up to 25 shred and a 35% penetration means you will be dealing true damage to targets with:
- 46 mr outside of abyssal range
- 84 mr inside max reduction abyssal or outside abyssal but fully shredded by Wit's End
- 123 mr with everything capped

That said, just dealing true damage means nothing if your base damage is too low. So my last item in that build would be a Rabadon's Deathcap.

And I'm guessing the reason why people don't stack all that magic penetration is because after reducing someone's mr to 0 there is no point in further reducing it (it doesn't go to negative values, it may go with Wit's End but I'm not sure). After some amount of MPen you're better off increasing your AP to deal more damage to squishies.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2016 3:54pm | Report
Abyssal Mask may reduce below 0 if I'm not mistaken.

Is its range big enough for Teemo though? Are enemies at max AA range in range of the passive? Don't forget you're also dealing a lot of damage using shrooms by the way, which may very well be out of range of the passive.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2016 4:01pm | Report
Abyssal Mask may reduce below 0 if I'm not mistaken.
It reduces the MR but then your penetration is less effective (i.e. 30 penetration against 20 mr is the same as having 20 penetration).

Is its range big enough for Teemo though? Are enemies at max AA range in range of the passive? Don't forget you're also dealing a lot of damage using shrooms by the way, which may very well be out of range of the passive.
It has 700 range, which is more than Caitlyn's 650 aa range iirc. And yes, shrooms mostly won't be affected by abyssal reduction, but a build with Wit's End might benefit from it.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2016 4:10pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
It reduces the MR but then your penetration is less effective (i.e. 30 penetration against 20 mr is the same as having 20 penetration).

It has 700 range, which is more than Caitlyn's 650 aa range iirc. And yes, shrooms mostly won't be affected by abyssal reduction, but a build with Wit's End might benefit from it.

Reduction before penetration

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2929417&page=4#post32707861
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2016 4:20pm | Report
Sooo, basically what I said. Abyssal Mask reduces your mr to, say, (x-25), because reduction acts first. Then if (x-25) is lower than 30 your 30 penetration will be as effective as (x-25) penetration.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2016 4:23pm | Report
but it's worth it omg !!

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2016 6:41pm | Report
One weakness of this build is that some of your pen (Wit's, Abyssal) doesn't apply to your shrooms unless you happen to be fighting the person who gets hit by the shroom. Usually heavy AP builds are designed to make your shrooms hurt like crazy and force people to recall to base.

Wit's End seems decent on him, but at that point you might as well switch to a more split-push oriented build.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Nightwalker1
<Member>
Nightwalker1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2016 2:42pm | Report
This build could work, but i would say you might need to refine it. Personally, i wouldn't take void staff unless against mr stacking champs. Rabadons would be the best option or another as item. Up to you.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2016 3:06pm | Report
Old thread, locking.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide