Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My 2 actual working reworks, Ryze and Xin

Creator: NicknameMy April 11, 2012 1:42am
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 7:21am | Report
Ryze is borderline overpowered at the moment.

Xin does need changes, and I think nerfing his bases and buffing his scaling might be a good way to go. I'm not a designer though.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 7:36am | Report
Ryze really is freaking strong right now.. even tho his ult may not be as good as others all in all he is quite broken right now he'll probably get nerfed soon as well as vlad and lee

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 9:11am | Report
Well, with my overall change, the dps goes down, but his earlygame would be a bit better.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 9:40am | Report
Ryze rework you made...
Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew.

No reason for changing the passive or anything on him. He's fine as he is.

Don't care about Xin rework. Probably lack-luster and bad from other's reactions to it.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 1:35pm | Report
Nothing on Ryze's passive got changed. Did you even read anything? I guess not. So how you can commentate onto something without even reading it, it is like voting for a guide without even reading it. And that is called trollvoting.

-Rep for dat trollvoter.

And the above said Ryze is OP, and I think this is mostly because great cc combined with high damage in one skill. I tried to fix that.

You now got the question: "Hmm, do I either increase my cc or my damage first".
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 4:02pm | Report
Ult passive. It's what I was hating on.

Reading through the Ryze rework fully now, E change is the only thing I like.(Didn't have time for a good full response earlier)

And it's still dropping the damage by way too much. Especially on his Rune Prison.

Even if you made these changes, people would still max Rune Prison right after Q because Ryze is sustained magic damage, not burst. The snare lets him attain that and his E is a supplement to it, not a major factor.

I also looked through the Xin rework. Again, didn't have time earlier. You need to buff the Audacious Charge base. He is an assassin, not a bruiser. Hell, you could keep the same base while dropping the new AD scaling(which is the best part of this) to 0.5 of your bonus AD. Also, bumping the base damage on his ult up a smidge, about 50 at each level, should put it in good standing.

EDIT: More on the Ryze passive change.

Let's assume you have 3K mana endgame, a little below average by current standard. We're going to use a full rotation, qrqwqeq, for a total of 660 mana. With the new passive on the ult, we only lose 160 mana until the passive wears off and we lose an extra 500 mana leaving us with a grand total of 1840 mana left. That's another full rotation before we have to base and not including if we use Q every time it's off CD, which we can obviously because, we're Ryze.

Lastly, bumping up the range on Rune Prison while not increasing the bounce range of Spell Flux is just weird as the cast range of, now all his skills outranges the bounce of Spell Flux making it really awkward to use in a 1v1 which is where he excels.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 4:43pm | Report
Ryze is already TOP level, competitive pick, considered OP.

I think Xin is better than people realize.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 5:17pm | Report
Xin is pretty good early and he has great ganks, I just think he falls off later unless he can get fed similarly to Shaco because he doesn't really scale with anything and when he goes into a fight it's basically all or nothing for him.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 5:56pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, with my overall change, the dps goes down, but his earlygame would be a bit better.

If your having problems early game with Ryze, your not playing him right. I start with 700 mana level one. Trading with me is basically impossible. Get level two, and your really starting to hurt. Grab a Catalyst of Aeons first and your set. On the subject of his ult, Ryze's is better than most people give it credit for. Massive AOE damage, syncs with his passive, gives him sustain. Seriously.... not that bad for no cost.

Tl;DR

Ryze needs no rework.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 10:02pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

And btw: Who gets in a full game 2 RoA on Ryze?

For his W, it should now work ONLY FOR CC, not for DMG. The DMG part of it is now shifted into E. You should now choose between damage and cc, and not getting both at the same time. This is one of the parts why Ryze is considered OP.

What this math show to me after that is that Rabadon's Deathcap would be now totally viable again.

i havnt read the rest of this thread yet, just commenting as im going down since i had to sleep and then work.

first, my ryze build (in no order) is sorc shoes, roa*2, banshees, frozen heart, tear. tear into archangels if i have enough gold. i have my support carry wota for me, as the only useful part is the spellvamp. the second roa is also the last item i build before upgrading tear into archangels.

the reason ws cd was so high is that it is a single target damage and snare. brand has a high damage single target nuke that also can stun, but just isnt as reliable as ryze's. the only reason anyone was maxing stun first on riven was that it actually won the lane so easily. i dont see anyone maxing ryze's w because it deals high damage and snares, it has a higher mana cost and cd for a reason. while i agree that e needs to deal damage, just moving damage from w to e isn't the right way to do so.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide