Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New early meta build for AD carries ?

Creator: Slappiz June 21, 2012 2:31am
2x Dorans or HoG and Scepter?
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 3:30pm | Report
It's just people following PhoenixKami's Vayne guide on solomid.net
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 10:19pm | Report
To be fair, Doran's Blade doesnt build into anything late game either :/ And people buy two, three, hell i've even seen 5 dorans and a pair of boots on a Riven once. I think its not a ~bad~ idea... If you don't care to be uuber passive for 20 minutes. Stay in lane long enough to get HoG, then stay in lane for another 15-20 minutes till you can buy i-edge and a BT straight up. I wouldnt do it... i like hurting people too much o.0
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 3:31am | Report
BTW: The actual metagamae for bot lane ad-carries goes Doran's Blade+ Doran's Blade+ Vampiric Scepter. This beats by far your build.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 4:20am | Report
First of all, people only get vamp when they need sustain. It's not meta on them.

Secondly, BT is fine on AD-based champions when stomping. Graves often goes BT PD IE for massive deeps

Thirdly, getting IE before zeal is fine. It doesn't matter if "math says this math says that". I don't think a team would be engaging teamfights 24/7 at 25 minutes.

And back on topic: People go dorans blades for the health+ lifesteal + damage. If you can't be aggressive bot, it means enemies can bully you. Even if you're farming decent, if the enemy is bullying you they can makes plays / roam and you can't. PhoenixKami goes Hog+vamp on Vayne because Vayne has a relatively weak laning phase. He gets the health and lifesteal and just opts for late game. People who say "doran's build into nothing" don't understand what Doran's items do. They're cheap and provide the stats you need to farm into the late game items...

And tbh, if I had 1700 gold on my first back I would buy 2 dorans + vamp + zerkers (assuming I bought boots)
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 4:32am | Report
If I have 1700 gold as AD carry, I'd buy a B. F. Sword on my first way back.
If you can farm all that it means you have no need for any Doran's ****.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 6:15am | Report
But doran's and boots will help to stomp the enemy with ease at that point.
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 7:01am | Report
Polse has been doing Avarice Blade to help his early crit chance from IE. If anything, I would tak double dorans and avarice. (He also runs lifesteal quints instead of AD ones, so he can afford buying Avarice before Vamp scepter.)
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 7:04am | Report
Just went through a normal game as Miss Fortune with Blitzcrank as support, and I was using Heart of Gold.. Tbh it didn't damage my early game at all and the extra hp was beneficial when I got ganked by the enemy jungler.. I still was able to maintain lane dominance thanks to my Double Up and i pretty much snowballed the lane hard with gold advantage, slightly thanks to my Heart of Gold..

Seems legit.

Ps: My Blitz sucked pretty hard :S
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 2:11pm | Report
I'm a huge fan of the quick double dorans 1st time back. On champs like graves I finish my boots and then Rush IE or bloodthirster afterwards depending on the game. On AP's I rush NL Rod after boots and double dorans as well.

I don't really see the sense in starting with heart of gold on an AD carry, but if it works for you, roll with it man! New things are discovered every day.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 4:27pm | Report
Errr TBH I think there's been too much shifting lately.

I don't even know what's best any more. I know that Aphromoo is (In my opinion) the best AD carry player right now, and he usually goes BT - PD - IE/LW.

So that's what I usually do when I play ADC.

But TBH it probably doesn't matter too much as long as you deal deeps.

(P.S, VAYNE is a unique case where her ult gives a **** ton of damage and she doesn't always have to rush damage early. My old Vayne build was Wriggle's / PD / I.E. for that very reason.)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide