Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pantheon Nerfs Context?

Creator: Re4XN February 24, 2016 4:20pm
1 2
atomskcs
<Member>
atomskcs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 1:45pm | Report
i main panth and ****, this hits me hard. Panth early game its everything, if you get feed, you need to end asap because late game its terrible. i mean, TERRIBLE. Also his split push ability with his E its lame, it dont hit so hard, plus it sucks a lot of mana.
Ganking with his ult in early means half mana bar spend or more, if you cancel w/o refund now its pretty bs, i guess increasing the time its k.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 2:27pm | Report
I know a couple of Pantheon mains that can do pretty well in late game. One of them is top 1000 in lolskill. If you know how to properly splitpush ( Ravenous Hydra, positioning/timing, etc) you can go as far as to compensate for that terrible late game. If you know how to throw your ult and have a decent pick/engage comp you can define teamfights.

His late game is too good for how strong he is early (that is, insta-win the lane unless you misplay or get ganked) and this nerfs aren't as hard as you make it sound. iirc you'll deal pretty much the same damage to minions early, if not more, with a level 1 E since it now deals 60% damage to minions up from 50%. This damage scales to do the same damage to minions by late game, so you can't say it's a hit to his splitpush potential.

And last but not least, f*ck that free ult juke. 10 seconds is nothing, you get 85 mana refund (mobafire's database has some mistakes so I got this number from surrender at 20) and this nerfs will buff the ult's mana cost down to 100 from 125 anyways so it's a buff if you didn't abuse the ult juke.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 5:05am | Report
Ekki wrote:
I know a couple of Pantheon mains that can do pretty well in late game. One of them is top 1000 in lolskill. If you know how to properly splitpush ( Ravenous Hydra, positioning/timing, etc) you can go as far as to compensate for that terrible late game. If you know how to throw your ult and have a decent pick/engage comp you can define teamfights.

His late game is too good for how strong he is early (that is, insta-win the lane unless you misplay or get ganked) and this nerfs aren't as hard as you make it sound. iirc you'll deal pretty much the same damage to minions early, if not more, with a level 1 E since it now deals 60% damage to minions up from 50%. This damage scales to do the same damage to minions by late game, so you can't say it's a hit to his splitpush potential.

And last but not least, f*ck that free ult juke. 10 seconds is nothing, you get 85 mana refund (mobafire's database has some mistakes so I got this number from surrender at 20) and this nerfs will buff the ult's mana cost down to 100 from 125 anyways so it's a buff if you didn't abuse the ult juke.

Well, late game he doesn't fall off THAT hard as long as you do well in the early game, and that's definitely not a problem for anyone who mains Pantheon.

As for "his late game is too strong for how good his early is", I will only say perhaps. It's not an insta-win the lane, but I see your point. I do realise the nerfs aren't as hard as I make them sound, but it will have a significant impact nevertheless, maybe less on people who aren't used to playing him. He's not really a fantastic splitpusher (somewhat good-ish), but the minion damage might buff that a bit, don't know.

As I said earlier, not complaining about the ult :P
I need to do more games while I can, see if I can push my win ratio above 80% xd
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 6:18am | Report
I was actually replying to atomsks. Good to see you got my point better after that though :P

Riot still didn't give proper context to the change, so all of this is just speculation. I'm guessing they're going to post something before it goes live or at least do a short explanation on why they changed what they will change in the patch notes.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide