Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Quill Coat/SotAG impressions?

Creator: JoeyBucketz July 2, 2014 10:38am
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2014 1:35pm | Report
It's extremely useful. Getting quill/SoTAG+spirit stone/razor clears jungle like nobody's business. A shame that FF is now officially useless.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2014 5:36pm | Report
yes because ganking without red buff totally isnt showing the enemy jungler a flag that says "GO AHEAD AND STEAL MY RED AND THEN COUNTER JUNGLE ME ALL GAME BECAUSE IM ALISTAR"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2014 7:01am | Report
And? Who cares if they counterjungle you? You just gank 24/7 anyway and don't jungle at all.
He is gonna kill you!!!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2014 5:45pm | Report
and then youre levels behind and have very little items because you cant use your conservation stacks because there are no monsters for you to kill

meanwhile that lee sin is going to be fed after taking your camps constantly and counterganking you
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
king boo311
<Member>
king boo311's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2014 6:31pm | Report
As if Amumu didn't have enough waveclear. I love this item, I think I might play Amoomoo more - especially because Liandry's + Rylai's (if I opt to buy them) get's even more HP with SotAG's passive.
+rep is appreciated if I helped you in anyway! :D
My Guides
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2014 7:41pm | Report
EWW LIANDRYS RYLAIS GET AWAY FROM ME.

lol liandrys really isn't worth it on amumu. Any time i'd want liandrys, i'd much rather have an Abyssal Mask or something of the like.

or Deathfire Grasp kappa
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
king boo311
<Member>
king boo311's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2014 12:06pm | Report
utopus wrote:

EWW LIANDRYS RYLAIS GET AWAY FROM ME.

lol liandrys really isn't worth it on amumu. Any time i'd want liandrys, i'd much rather have an Abyssal Mask or something of the like.

or Deathfire Grasp kappa

B-but, I like using it in such low elo. (JK, yeah I use Abyssal most of the time, I only get Liandry's if they have no threatening APs.)
+rep is appreciated if I helped you in anyway! :D
My Guides
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2014 12:31pm | Report
Interesting that the Diamond Ranked Guide here on mobafire sees Liandry's Torment as core item. And only noobs who can't play with him shouldn't get it, lolz.

Also, Amumu definitly clears faster with Spirit of the Spectral Wraith. WAAAY faster.

BTW: Alistar doesn't need any gold to do something, Headbutt+ Pulverize is avaiable even without gold. If you pick Alistar, make sure your enemy picked someone who is slow as **** as well, of course. Which idiot would pick Alistar into Lee Sin?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2014 12:44pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

BTW: Alistar doesn't need any gold to do something, Headbutt+ Pulverize is avaiable even without gold. If you pick Alistar, make sure your enemy picked someone who is slow as **** as well, of course. Which idiot would pick Alistar into Lee Sin?

Well, he's not really useful without mana... or cooldowns.
And secondly, you're basing your jungle pick on them on picking someone fast. so, you basically have to pick Ali jungle last. And they also have to not have a strong invade. And then they have to be sort of decently pushed up.

There's far too many variables to make Alistar jungle decent. hell, even "slow" junglers could screw over Alistar in the jungle. Amumu walks in and you can't really fight him. He doesn't really care about you knocking him away or knocking him up. He's still doing AoE DPS. And now you're out a clearing spell.

Alistar jungle is just bad.

EDIT: You totally ignored levels too. If you get counterjungled, you're going to be super underleveled, under-tanky, and just generally useless, even with a low cooldown Unstoppable Force.
khasck
<Member>
khasck's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2014 12:50pm | Report
It makes Udyr a useless tanky fish. If you play utility udyr it's probably useful. Also, you can tank dragon at level 3 with quil, so that's kind of great.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide