Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"New" Mage Build

Creator: Hutshi June 12, 2012 2:28am
1 2
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 3:03am | Report
^ Needs a Leviathan. Trust me.

Oh, and if you're Akali also do a Sword of the Occult. It's called Snowball Akali, very good build

Works on leblanc in normals

Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 2:56pm | Report
animorte wrote:

How about this new mage build:

Sorcerer's Shoes Mejai's Soulstealer Rabadon's Deathcapx3 Lich Bane
All Mpen runes (or ap). 30/0/0 masteries.

No survivability you will just die unless you are some kind of god of positioning. Just because as a spell caster you can drop 1 champion in the blink of an eye doesn't mean you won't die in the process loosing a third of your stacks for every 2 you gain. In team fights against opponents that know what they are doing it's just inevitable.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 4:43pm | Report
I think animorte knows that. That's why you do it on normals.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 12:43pm | Report
ever try Rabadon's Deathcap Archangel's StaffX5 ? Most ap you will ever do...now you can also trade 1 Archangel's Staff for a Rod of Ages. If you are singed you will have around 3.6k hp I belive and I think have just over 1400 AP so basicly you ult troll gel people activate posion and flash into the enemy team flinging ANYONE and you will literally kill them within the 3 seconds if the 1700~ dmg fling didn't 1 shot them already! plus the posin by the end of it does about 1700 dmg aswell for just one douce...yeah you can see why super mana singed is awesome! BTW YOU HAVE ENOUGH REGEN TO NEVER TURN POISION OFF! well plus over 4k mana helps aswell.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 1:08pm | Report
Well, if you give me the gold, I'll try it.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 11:29pm | Report
It also takes for(****ing)ever to stack all those Archangels. If you want AP, just get Mejai's and 5 Deathcaps.

FalseoGod wrote:

I think animorte knows that. That's why you do it on normals.

^^
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2012 12:18pm | Report
Why is everyone so BIG on getting over 1kAP? I mean sure, one-shotting people with Veigar is hilarious, but not exactly practical. As Mordekaiser, with max damage build, i think i have 620 AP? Maybe less? And i routinely 1v3 entire enemy teams and win. And, for the record, Archangels takes FOR **** EVER to build into something worthwile, the numbers being thrown around assume a three hour game with you spamming abilities every step of the way, AND being a boss farmer to boot. The final word on this subject is this:

As an AP carry, it is your job to deal lots of damage, very quickly, singling out enemy damage dealers, or trapping people caught out of position. While this ~usually~ requires a hefty amount of AP, what is also important is a decent amount of survivability. That is why ROA is a core item in many AP builds, as well as defense-offense hybrid items such as Abyssal Mask, which grants you ap, spell pen, your teammates spellpen, and gives you a really nice amount of mres. In every build you make for a character, there are likely about 3 items that are considered "core" items, that have proven to sync very well with the character you are playing ( Rylai's Crystal Scepter for Vladimir, Archangel's Staff for Ryze, Rod of Ages for Singed, et cetera), but you HAVE to leave at least two spaces open in any build as strictly situational, to deal with the unforeseen situations, such as a fed AD carry, heaven forbid a fed enemy AP carry, a team that just focuses the **** out of you, et cetera. Grabbing an archangels and a rabadons, then building for tank after that, does not work, because that leaves your mid game wide open where you have no new items for at least 5 minutes because you are saving up for a NLR, then saving for a blasting wand, then saving for the rabadons in general. Then your AP growth just kind of trickles out until it maxes out at around 450 half an hour later. Building straight AP doesnt work either, because then you are the epitome of "glass cannon", and if a halfway fed Graves even winks in your direction, you keel over and stare at a grayscreen for the next minute and a half. A balance is required, and that balance is situational to every match.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2012 2:14pm | Report
Build Singed this way for ultimate trolling:

1. Get a damn catalyst the protector, since it fuses 2 nice crystals
2. Get a damn Rylai's Crystal Scepter, since the ultimate aoe slow is godlike.
3. Get the ultimate damned Ionian Boots of Lucidity, since you need to spam your ult.
4. Get now 4 Rod of Ages
5. Well done, you are now the ultimate troll.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide