Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Sivir Rework - A Long, Overdue Overhaul

Creator: Blydden September 24, 2011 8:56pm
1 2
Blydden
<Member>
Blydden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 8:56pm | Report
Sivir has been a very underpowered AD ranged carry for at least 8 months now, if not more. Sadly, RIOT has not yet implemented a fix for this champion. Perhaps it is because they are simply short-handed, or maybe it is because they don't quite know how to fix her. I have an idea for a rework that could help, and bring her to the level of other AD carries like Ashe, Caitlyn, and Vayne. Without further ado:

Sivir:

-Attack range increased to 450 from 425 (While I agree with the range being short, I don't think it should be quite so short.)
-Updated recommended items {Vampiric Scepter, Berserker's Greaves, The Bloodthirster, Stark's Fervor, Last Whisper, Banshee's Veil} (With a rework comes new recommended items, no?)

-Removed innate Fleet of Foot
-New innate Fleetness
=Sivir's basic attacks increase her attack speed by 4%/7%/10% for 2.5 seconds. This bonus stacks up to 7 times.
(Her passive I think has always been a major factor holding her back, especially with dodge being an RNG stat. She needs to stand still to do damage, but needs to run to survive. I believe this passive, while perhaps less interesting, is far better for quality of life, and is better kit glue.)

-Boomerang Blade
=Cooldown changed from 9 to 9/8.5/8/7.5/7
=Mana Cost changed from 80/90/100/110/120 to 60/70/80/90/100
=Now deals physical damage
=Now deals 20/70/120/170/220 damage from 80/125/170/215/260
=Now scales with a (+0.75 per attack damage) ratio (no longer scales with Ability Power)
=Now deals 10% less damage to subsquent targets from 20%
(Her main nuke, Q, is way too weak compared to say, Volley, Tumble, or Piltover Peacemaker, especially with the high cooldown and mana cost. I think making it do physical damage so that it scales with Armor Penetration, and having the attack damage be from base are stronger options.)

-Spell Shield
=Cooldown changed to 20/18/16/14/12 from 22/19/16/13/10
=Shield duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3 seconds
=Now if an ability is blocked by the shield, Sivir gains 20/30/40/50/60 attack damage for 5 seconds
(While Spell Shield is not so large of a problem, I still find it lacking, compared to say, Nocturne's Shroud of Darkness. Giving her an attack damage steroid when having this shield broken, as well as giving her mana, would really reward good reaction time. To compensate for this steroid, the duration of the shield has been reduced. Also, I believe it would be mandatory to have the edges of her boomerang(s) glow neon blue when this is proc'd.)

-On The Hunt
=Cooldown decreased to 75 from 90
=Duration decreased to 12 from 15
=Movement Speed bonus changed to 15%/20%/25% from 25%
=Attack Speed bonus changed to 60%/80%/100% from 30%/60%/90%
(I've always found this ultimate to be lacking, especially early game, especially for the long cooldown. I've also found the duration to be unnecessarily long. To compensate for the reduction in cooldown and increase in attack speed, I've reduced the movement speed steroid early game...I think 25% early game is just unnecessarily fast.)

Fantastic artwork by Xiaowiriamu & TheNamelessBard!
Evil Nosferatu
<Member>
Evil Nosferatu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 8:58pm | Report
I think that it's likely the only thing that might need to change is the stacks on the passive, but all in all I think that's a much better way for Sivir to be. Perhaps might bring her back into viability. GJ
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 10:39pm | Report
Wow...****ing annoying.

Alright, I like the new passive and the new ult. I guess I like the SS too now too. But the Q is a bit annoying >.>

75% aight, that's an okay ratio although I liked the 95% AD bonus ratio better. Overall I can see that she certainly got buffed, the the damage nerf on her Q just annoys me. Hopefully the other stuff will make up for it >.>

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 12:53pm | Report
I don't think her spell shield really needs a change...but giving her a small amount of bonus movement speed would make more sense as a replacement. She relies heavily on mobility in general.

IMO you should leave her Q's magic damage as it is...it makes it harder to counter her as you have to build both Armor and MR. Switching it makes her like a ****py version of Cait damage-wise and she's already overlooked as a champion despite being quite viable as a ranged tanky DPS.

Everything else is fine...though the issue with her passive is actually the lack of items that increase dodge chance more than anything else.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 1:17pm | Report
I really don't think Sivir is underpowered. She could use a few tweaks perhaps, but if played right, she's incredibly scary (Sadly, good Sivir players seem to be few and far betweeen). Her early game Q damage, if you know how to land it, is ungodly up through level 9 (assuming you rank it first), and her mid to late game back dooring is quite possibly the best in the game. I do like the range increase, as she does have a very difficult time safely last hitting against some of the longer range champions, but I strongly dislike the suggested changes to her Q. The high base damage, high damage reduction to subsequent targets, and double scaling make it a more risky, but much more rewarding ability to use. It is, in my opinion, one of the defining characteristics of Sivir, as far as damage is concerned. She can't be directly countered by one resistance type.

Holy Toledo, Batman, It's Cho'Gath!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 1:23pm | Report
How to be good with Sivir:

Learn how to land her Q

Learn how to effectively use her E

Stop trying to use W all the time

Use her R in team fights

EDIT: Micromanaging of E, W, Q use will pretty much fix mana issues.

Mistakes most people make:
Leaving your Ricochet on for more than a few seconds (it will meaninglessly push your lane and waste your mana): learn to last hit after a couple bounces instead

Bad timing with her Spell Shield.
Example: Karth is ulting? wait a full second before casting it and you'll definitely block it. Timing this ability is the hardest thing, but it is by far the most important and will make the difference between whether you win or lose a fight.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 1:26pm | Report

How to be good with Sivir:

Learn how to land her Q

Learn how to effectively use her E

Stop trying to use W all the time

Use her R in team fights

Yeah, pretty much. Manage her mana. And then know when and when not to push lanes. And bring Teleport.

Holy Toledo, Batman, It's Cho'Gath!
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 1:46pm | Report
Fix her attack range.

All you need to do.
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 3:32pm | Report

Fix her attack range.

All you need to do.

^
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 8:51pm | Report
She doesn't need a rework.

Riot is originally quite happy with where she is. But they acknowledge its too niche for the normal player-base so they have a few small tweaks in store for her.

She never needed a rework. She never will. And she never will get one. She only needs small changes; like increasing her auto-attack range by 50~100, reducing the cooldown on her spell-shield, or raising boomerang blade's AD ratio.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide