Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Talon's Passive Is Too Merciful

Creator: Blydden August 29, 2011 2:37pm
1 2
bearsquared
<Member>
bearsquared's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 7:18pm | Report
Comparing passives is tricky business. Sure Corki's passive is really good but maybe it would too good on a champion like Talon. I'm sure they designed Corki with that passive in mind, just like how they designed Talon with his in mind. If it truly is underpowered than they will buff him. Oh and I'm still mad about Shen >=(.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 2:11am | Report
Compare it to other games.
HoN/DotA is unbalanced as hell and they aren't even nerfing/buffing **** (as far as I know)..

WoW is also a disaster in balance.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 3:03am | Report
LoL is ****ing balance compared to all DoTA types.
But Talon. Watching Shushei, Talon looked like he is a one-combo champion.
You kill or get killed, basic thing for an Assassin. Personally, I do feel his Passive is a bit week. 20-25 damage in the very end on a standard attack when he isn't an AS based champion, bad thing IMO.

I'd rather see some kind of true damage there so he actually gets that power before doing The Brutalizer. Like : "Talon deals 10/25/40" true damage, Levels 1/9/18, to champions that under any crowd control effect". This would make him so much viable IMO and you could actually feel his passive, not like now... 20 damage that doesn't go through reductions, plainly weak considering his Skill Set gets some **********a power after Sheen, Frozen Mallet and Youmuu.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 3:19am | Report
Mercy is a pretty good skill.
The more crowd control your allies have to chain targets, the more damage you deal.

Amplifying abilities are typically always viable and hardly considered bad. It'd just seem lackluster if it's not attached to something else.
Reckoning, Diplomatic Immunity, Backstab, Hemoplague, and a few others I'm forgetting.

My only problem with Talon's passive is that it only affects auto-attacks. This is very counter-intuitive because he's an assassin, so you want to be as bursty as possible with your combat and spend as little time as possible auto-attacking for maximum efficiency.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 10:28pm | Report
gwadzila wrote:

Vlad, Shen, Nocturne and Janna all laugh at Jarvan's pitiful amount of nerfs.

And GP giggles at his own "nerfs."
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 12:59am | Report
The GP nerfs hurt right where they were supposed to.. He's pretty balanced now.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 4:46pm | Report
GP's fine.

Jarvan is fine.

Vlad is fine.

Talon... Why play Talon when you can play Akali? o_O

He's lots of FUN, and he doesn't SUCK, but Akali is much better at bursting down targets, and can solo lane better because of her passives which offer her sustain.

Talon is basically a decent counter pick for laning phase who has the potential to snowball. Yet he has to snowball reaaaally hard to feel OP at all.

Farm for farm, kill for kill, I'd rather have Akali.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide