Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The Black Cleaver vs Last Whisper: A...

Creator: EviLCorsaiR March 2, 2012 12:47am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Fireup6
<Member>
Fireup6's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 11:00pm | Report
You get the same results with BC vs LW that i got. 200 armor breakpoint. Good job!
neXianXaviaX
<Member>
neXianXaviaX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:58am | Report
200 Is the turning point then.

That's valuable information on what to take on an autoattacker.

TBC just donesn't cut it on a rammus like LW does.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 11:55am | Report
Shouldnt be attacking a Rammus anyway...Unless he's squishy (free kill) or he's the last one left alive.....
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 10:12pm | Report
Yeah, it only matters how much armor your main targets have, and most of the time, they don't have 200 or more armor. Otherwise, they are not your main target because they deal no dmg at all...
He is gonna kill you!!!
Drain
<Member>
Drain's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 2:57pm | Report
Well, there are a number of issues as to why the Whisper loses here. The first is that Flat Pen is better than Percent Pen if enemies have <100 armor, and most of them do. Very rarely do you get a game where 3 or more enemies have 100+ armor. It is usually only ever 1 or 2. That right there makes Flat Pen a better deal. Unless 3 or more enemies have 100+ armor, then Percent Pen is a wasted investment.

After that you've got to take into account that Percent Pen diminishes with itself. 10%+40%(Talent+Whisper) does not equal 50% as you would think... if you get both then check your character sheet, it'll say 46&, meaning that the talent only did 4% of what it said, or that the Whisper only did 34% of what it said. Flat Armor Penetration does not have this issue. If you get runes+Sunder+Brutalizer+Cleaver you'll effectively have 25+6+15+45 Pen with no diminishing at all. Flat Pen has full value forever, where as Percent Pen effectively becomes less valuable with the more you get.

As if all that isn't enough, you then have to take into account that Percent Penetration can't hardly be obtained early game. All you will have is 10% from Weapon Expertise, meaning you will do weak dps until you can get that Whisper. Even if you could get it early... your dps will still be weak because early game all enemies have less than 100 armor. So Percent Pen all around fails for the first half of any game. If you had your runes+Sunder however then you have 31 pen right at the start, and then with a 1337g Brutalizer you are at 46. The early game is SIGNIFICANTLY better.
Aether Skies
<Member>
Aether Skies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 7:25am | Report
BC is better than LW,
BC LOWERS their ARMOR. LW might be better for your personal dps but i think that 3 BC stacks are MUCH more effective when 5 people are using it, versus one.

I think this makes BC better than LW in terms of TOTAL DEEPS. Not personal dps.
Im back! (:

I love trying different items on different champions. Playing with masteries, runes, and item combinations is what makes me love and continue to play this game.

Currently working on:
TT - Teemo the Wandering Scout
SR/TT- Elise
SR/TT/jungle in both - AKALI?? is it possible in 3s? i think so.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 7:46am | Report
Y'all are crazy.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 12:13pm | Report
So what have we learned.

TBC on soraka OP.

On a serious note, if 2 people have TBC and attack the same target, how many stacks can be applied? Still only 3?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 2:30pm | Report
^Yeap.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 2:39pm | Report
I see :P

Well Mallet + TBC to help out your carry doesn't sound so bad on somebody like Trundle.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide