Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The Black Cleaver vs Last Whisper: A...

Creator: EviLCorsaiR March 2, 2012 12:47am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 11:51am | Report
For you, maybe. I like my attack speed.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 12:00pm | Report
Items really aren't a "for you" thing. Often times there's a best solution. :P This is one of those times.

5% of games TBC could be better. the other 95%, hands down LW.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 12:09pm | Report
Yea. Just give up Animorte. You're arguing that a dead cat isn't dead.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 12:44pm | Report
I'm arguing that TBC has attack speed and LW doesn't.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 12:50pm | Report
I don't play Pantheon but doesn't he do the majority of his damage using skills?

What does Last Whisper apply on that Black Cleaver doesn't? Skills.
Papayalord
<Member>
Papayalord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 12:51pm | Report
animorte wrote:

I'm arguing that TBC has attack speed and LW doesn't.

Thats a pretty strong arguement: P
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 2:05pm | Report
Papayalord wrote:

Thats a pretty strong arguement: P

In fact, it's undeniable.

Clearly animorte wins the debate.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 2:19pm | Report
As far as gold efficiency, Last Whisper, of course. Pantheon has a passive that I don't like to ignore though, and if I need the penetration quicker, of course I will get LW.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 2:22pm | Report
You're not ignoring Pantheon's passive by buying LW.

In fact, you're ignoring Pantheon's skills by building TBC.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 2:35pm | Report
No... you aren't.

Black Cleaver - Basic attacks lower their armor. Your skills deal damage as if the enemy's armor is 45 less, if you have hit them three times. Your skills don't lower their armor, but they do deal damage after the armor is lowered. Just hit them again before the stacks go away.

The only difference is that you have to hit them in your combo. I never recall being able to kill an enemy in one combo of skills and no auto attacks unless they were almost dead, I was over leveled (or fed), or my ult landed on them. Basic attacks help either way.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide