Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Black Cleaver vs Last Whisper: A...

Creator: EviLCorsaiR March 2, 2012 12:47am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:02pm | Report
Now, I'm not exactly a Pantheon expert, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, but...

When playing Panth, there are basically two scenarios where you do damage. The first is harassment/poke tactics, where Panth uses his skills to lower enemy HP but doesn't get in close to really trade hits or do much damage. The second is full engages, duels and teamfights, where Panth goes fully in and does as much damage as possible. In the first scenario, you don't get in any autoattacks, while in the second you do.

This is very important when it comes to comparing TBC and LW. For the first secenario, TBC does not give as much damage, because Panth can't bring the armor reduction to bear on his enemies when he's staying far enough away from them to not get gibbed by carries or otherwise isn't fully committing to the fight.

In the second scenario, TBC is only comparable in terms of damage output some of the time, depending on enemy armor values and how many autoattacks Panth gets in before his various skills. LW is worth more damage when enemies have more armor, while TBC scales up to being better when enemies have lower armor.

So if we look at this, we have one scenario in which LW is always better, and one scenario where LW is sometimes better. The only reasonable conclusion is that LW is better than TBC as a general statement.

Searz wrote:

Yea. Just give up Animorte. You're arguing that a dead cat isn't dead.

There are ways to make that work.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:03pm | Report
If your playstyle is going to be enter and auto attack like that, why not play Wukong instead of Panth? O:
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:11pm | Report
I always get Sheen first on Pantheon anyway. :)
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:16pm | Report
*face desk*
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:19pm | Report
Duff... just try it. Sheen with Panth is f*cking ******ed damage multiplier, especially early. The main reason is because his skills do so little damage these days. You can spam the spear and auto attack after each one to do a ******ed amount of damage.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:21pm | Report
Animorte's right on that one Duff. Sheen is an insane damage muliplier for pantheon, in some cases. I wouln't recommend it all the times, but agains't certain champions, I would greatly recommend it

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:43pm | Report
It's not better than brutalizer.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:52pm | Report
of course not lol. As I said earlier, I wouln't recommend sheen all the time, but in certain circumstances (like when you face a melee champ who is very aggressive like Tryn, Olaf, Irelia or Trundle. Like that, you can throw a skill + AA then back off)

But in general, Brutalizer is better.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 4:07pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

There are ways to make that work.

I never thought anyone would get that reference XD
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 4:11pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I never thought anyone would get that reference XD

Lots of people enjoy laughing about science it seems. I cant help but laugh when I mix Einstein and Shrodinger's experiments (keeping nothing but the cat and the dynamite.... oh well)
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide