Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Black Cleaver vs Last Whisper: A...

Creator: EviLCorsaiR March 2, 2012 12:47am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 4:39pm | Report
As a guy who has played a lot of Pantheon, Sheen isn't something you buy, ever, unless you're building Atmogg's and coupling it with a Triforce, and you'll be bat**** weak all game until all 3 items are done.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 6:15am | Report
I have played Pantheon a lot as well and figured out that Sheen is great. It gives me a lot of damage. I don't know why it seems to fail in your eyes. In fact, I have found that Sheen is an insane damage multiplier for anybody who has abilities with a 4 second cooldown or less.

I have dedicated a lot of my playing with a select few champions to finding how to give them as much damage as possible in as few items as possible, so I can focus on being able to take a hit as well. Sheen just so happens to help with that.

The power of Sheen just seems so obvious to me...
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Skaeling
<Member>
Skaeling's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 8:51am | Report
I would almost always get TBC, because low def carries should be your teams first priority, thus TBC is the way to go. Dont see a point buying LW because their Garen has 150+ armor.
So
melee ADs : always TBC
ranged ADs: TBC unless you rely on yor skills to do damage a lot (urgot and stuff)

same argument as with bloodrazor... you wont focus a chogath because its cost effective to get bloodrazors

"You, you can't even break a rule - how can you be expected to break bone?" - Gandalf
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 9:29am | Report
^ Fallacy.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 10:04am | Report
SO much fail here. Lol. Soooo muchhhh failllll.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2012 10:13am | Report
*Sigh...

This is getting nowhere...

/endthread
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Skaeling
<Member>
Skaeling's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 7:58am | Report
Skaeling wrote:

I would almost always get TBC, because low def carries should be your teams first priority, thus TBC is the way to go. Dont see a point buying LW because their Garen has 150+ armor.
So
melee ADs : always TBC
ranged ADs: TBC unless you rely on yor skills to do damage a lot (urgot and stuff)

same argument as with bloodrazor... you wont focus a chogath because its cost effective to get bloodrazors

Luther3000 wrote:

^ Fallacy.

I dont see whats wrong with my idea, but would be delighted if you would explain :)

I always assume that targeting high def targets is fail, and logically high damage enemies will have lower defensive values (as they invest in offensive inventory) thus IMO it would make sense to shred the little armor they have with TBC. Ofc I understand that AD casters will still prefer LW because it involves no autoattck stacking.

"You, you can't even break a rule - how can you be expected to break bone?" - Gandalf
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 8:18am | Report
You have to attack high defence targets on an AD carry because they're the ones charging at you trying to kill you. If you're in range of targeting the enemies with no armour then you're also in range of being targeted by every single member of the enemy team - suicide on an AD carry.

'Don't focus the tanks' is a common misconception spread by players who don't know any better.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 9:10am | Report
Don't focus tanks. CC tanks. That way you don't have to worry about killing them yet and they can't annihilate the positioning of your team. Every time it goes well (as in your tank initiating properly and supports supporting) the AD Carry jumps in and destroys the enemy team one by one, starting from the weakest in defence to the highest, NOT the other way around.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 9:10am | Report
Oh boy you really don't understand AD carries.

Put it this way, Olaf is on the enemy team. Olaf is stacking armour and health. Every teamfight, Olaf ults, ghosts and runs at you spamming Q and E. What do you do?

Answer: You buy Last Whisper, kite him and try to kill him before he kills you. Hopefully with your support helping you.

Almost all offtanks and some AP carries will rush straight for you in this way and wasting CC on them is not going to solve things.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide