Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Current Metagame & Theory Crafting

Creator: SixSonatas November 20, 2010 1:34am
1 2 3
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 7:57am | Report
Apparently Malphite and Gragas are the "flavor of the month", I understand maplhite but why gragas?

SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 8:43am | Report
Gragas has great CC (AoE Slow Body Slam and AoE movement Explosive Cask) along with damage reduction with AD buff ( Drunken Rage) that make him tanky DPS beyond his item build. The key factor here is the AoE movement because it separates teams for a split second, and when teams are separated, it makes it that much easier to focus someone down past the tanky DPS metagame.

Gragas is the bane of squishies, if they happen to be in a game, he will move them towards the team where the squishy will be quickly massacred. I personally think that Gragas with Mordekaiser make a great combo because of Children of the Grave and Explosive Cask's great synergy on gaining a quick DPS ghost.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 9:28am | Report
i knew malphite was the flavor of the month (hence why i decided to pick him up again) but damn gragas.. nice.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Pip00p
<Member>
Pip00p's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 9:30am | Report
Personally I haven't seen too many great Gragas players, especially in Ranked matches...
In theory it's great, but to pull it off would require concentration and practice. To me I don't think too many will be fond of Gragas, just my opinion.
My very own:

Kennen Love
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 9:31am | Report
When I play Gragas all I hear is "Fatman OP"
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 11:28am | Report
PFP wrote:

Off-topic but I've been playing AP Ezreal and he is kicking ***. Dishing out around 3.5k damage every 5 seconds or so (to account for cooldowns), amazing quadra-kill the other day he's fun and he works. But I also feel playing AD Ez with a Bloodrazor is quite effective because you can ping off their health from afar and they can't even get close to you.

I played againts one of these the other day while using Rammus. We could not hardly ever get close enough to Ezreal to touch him, therefore he practically ripped us apart with ease. Now if one of us ever got close enough, he was dead.
That goes into the metagame of today. You say it's tanky dps which is true for the most part, but that doesn't make the fights change that much. Your stronger carries can no longer stay too close because of that reason. As long as your carries stay back and put out damage from behind your 'tanky dps' there is really not a whole lot the other team can do. It all goes into the same thing it always has, be cautious with your squishies...they will die.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 12:07pm | Report
As I noted, it's tanky DPS with CC as well as mobility that allows one to catch the squishy DPS in the back that makes the metagame what it is. Squishies really can't find a good place on a team due to a lack of range; now, there are a few exceptions that have good range and can stay out of harm's way, but most of the DPS/casters are no longer viable due to the metagame shift whereas they were highly viable in the metagame a few months ago.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide