Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Varus skill order...

Creator: Slappiz May 15, 2012 2:24am
R>Q>W>E or R>W>Q>E ?
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 6:36pm | Report
And no ones even mentions Taric. So sad.

@tehAsian

That's an interesting point, but what would you have in like 80% of your games? The ability to nuke, or the ability to poke with auto attacks and then super nuke with your other abilities?

If I helped you, click that +rep!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:25pm | Report
I don't actually play AD Carries extensively, so I don't have actual estimates.

Most supports nowadays I've noticed don't really use heals (not the summoner spell).

Taric is underplayed and Sona was apparently nerfed to the ground, so the only two I can think of right off the bat is Soraka and Alistar, out of:

Leona, Nautilus, Shen, Blitzcrank, Lulu, Karma, Kayle, Sona, Taric, Soraka, Alistar, Lux, Maokai, Nidalee, Morgana, Nunu & Willump, Orianna, Yorick Zilean.

19 Supports (might be more), 2 of them ( Soraka and Alistar) which are commonly played that have heals.

That's a low 10%. Definitely not that common.

So assuming the other laners, let's take Miss Fortune and Leona (one of my recent games) as enemies.

I know MF would be able to kite me easily with Make it Rain and Strut, and Leona's passive would just destroy me in combination, so using Q to harass instead of W to run a risk of massive damage from retaliation is better. In this situation, I'd take the 'safer' nuke.

Also, the 'super nuke' isn't as high as you'd think.

Taking Corki as an example, let's say he has 2 Doran's Blades at level 9 (his only health items).

He has 375 + 82(9) health at level 9, which is 1113 Health.

Taking Resists out of the equation, Blighted Quiver would take out 15% of it from the bonus damage portion. .15 * 1113 = 166.95, or 167 Bonus magic damage, with 26 * 3 = 78 damage from procs. This translates to about 245 total bonus magic damage.

Piercing Arrow will do 65 + 160% of your total AD at full charge, 43 + 100% just firing it. At level 9, let's say you have 2x Doran's Blades, Boots, and a B. F. Sword, roughly 3000 gold.

Varus has 46 + 27 = 73 AD at level 9. With the above items, you will have 73 + 20 + 45 = 138 AD.

Over those 3 attacks and the bonus proc, you will do 245 + 138 + 43 = 426 total damage, up to 509 damage with a fully charged Q (rounded up).

What if we take Piercing Arrow first?

Taking into consideration the same items against the same Corki, you would do 6% of his health + 14 * 3 magic damage, which comes to about 109 magic damage.

Piercing Arrow will do 143 + 100% of AD, which is 143 + 138 = 281 damage, up to 215 + 160% of AD, which is 215 + 221 = 436 damage.

So if you use the Q to JUST proc 3 stacks on W...
You do 426 Damage with Blighted Quiver first as opposed to 390 with Piercing Arrow first.

But if you use the fully charged Q, you're comparing
436 + 109 = 545 damage with Piercing Arrow first, as compared to 509 with Blighted Quiver first.

But then again, it depends if the other laners are building Mres or Armor, so it's actually impossible to tell what I'd have in 80% of my games :P
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Keondre
<Member>
Keondre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:27pm | Report
Ohh my god tehasian. Did it take an hour to type that?
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:28pm | Report
According to the clock on my computer...

no. I was distracted a lot too, and my internet sucks so more like 30 minutes?

CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:31pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

I don't actually play AD Carries extensively, so I don't have actual estimates.

Most supports nowadays I've noticed don't really use heals (not the summoner spell).

Taric is underplayed and Sona was apparently nerfed to the ground, so the only two I can think of right off the bat is Soraka and Alistar, out of:

Leona, Nautilus, Shen, Blitzcrank, Lulu, Karma, Kayle, Sona, Taric, Soraka, Alistar, Lux, Maokai, Nidalee, Morgana, Nunu & Willump, Orianna, Yorick Zilean.

19 Supports (might be more), 2 of them ( Soraka and Alistar) which are commonly played that have heals.

That's a low 10%. Definitely not that common.

So assuming the other laners, let's take Miss Fortune and Leona (one of my recent games) as enemies.

I know MF would be able to kite me easily with Make it Rain and Strut, and Leona's passive would just destroy me in combination, so using Q to harass instead of W to run a risk of massive damage from retaliation is better. In this situation, I'd take the 'safer' nuke.

Also, the 'super nuke' isn't as high as you'd think.

Taking Corki as an example, let's say he has 2 Doran's Blades at level 9 (his only health items).

He has 375 + 82(9) health at level 9, which is 1113 Health.

Taking Resists out of the equation, Blighted Quiver would take out 15% of it from the bonus damage portion. .15 * 1113 = 166.95, or 167 Bonus magic damage, with 26 * 3 = 78 damage from procs. This translates to about 245 total bonus magic damage.

Piercing Arrow will do 65 + 160% of your total AD at full charge, 43 + 100% just firing it. At level 9, let's say you have 2x Doran's Blades, Boots, and a B. F. Sword, roughly 3000 gold.

Varus has 46 + 27 = 73 AD at level 9. With the above items, you will have 73 + 20 + 45 = 138 AD.

Over those 3 attacks and the bonus proc, you will do 245 + 138 + 43 = 426 total damage, up to 509 damage with a fully charged Q (rounded up).

What if we take Piercing Arrow first?

Taking into consideration the same items against the same Corki, you would do 6% of his health + 14 * 3 magic damage, which comes to about 109 magic damage.

Piercing Arrow will do 143 + 100% of AD, which is 143 + 138 = 281 damage, up to 215 + 160% of AD, which is 215 + 221 = 436 damage.

So if you use the Q to JUST proc 3 stacks on W...
You do 426 Damage with Blighted Quiver first as opposed to 390 with Piercing Arrow first.

But if you use the fully charged Q, you're comparing
436 + 109 = 545 damage with Piercing Arrow first, as compared to 509 with Blighted Quiver first.

But then again, it depends if the other laners are building Mres or Armor, so it's actually impossible to tell what I'd have in 80% of my games :P

+rep

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 7:38pm | Report
Yes well I should point out that the arrow at rank 5 is 215 + 1.6 ad ratio, that ad ratio is insane ^_^ And the range is so long ^_^
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 10:08pm | Report
Well. Mathed.

On topic though, that's a very good point. I dunno, I like Blighted Quiver for better last hitting and auto attack pokes.

Apparently Taric is played more on EU (I don't know, I don't play on EU), but he's pretty solid. That armor aura + super burst + heal is really strong. Not to mention he makes a good bodyguard at early levels and has a stun.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 11:04pm | Report
Karma and Nidalee have a heal.

And lately I have seen some of them.

Kayle aswell.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 11:12pm | Report
Compared to Soraka or Alistar, they're rarely played. I see more AP Karmas and Bruiser Nidalees than full support.

Kayle seemed untouched after that buff o_o dunno why. All her numbers increased, and that was it.

Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 11:28pm | Report
Karma is underplayed, and sort of a niche character in the current meta. Nidalee generally makes a better top lane, either bruiser, or AP.

Kayle is also unplayed, and usually goes top when she is.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide