Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

varus theory craft

Creator: caucheka April 25, 2012 1:33am
1 2 3
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 12:10pm | Report
1 Bloodthirster and 1 Infinity Edge works fine. The thing I don't like about it is that a normal build looks like this (including the 2 above items)

Boots
Bloodthirster
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Defense Item
Phantom Dancer OR Bloodthirster

55% CrC is pretty decent, but it only allows for 12 base lifesteal, unless you build a second Bloodthirster. However, then you lack a bunch of AS. I dunno, Varus isn't set in stone yet, but, from what I've played of him, I like playing him as a duelist more than anything. Thus, I like building several Bloodthirsters and PDs.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 5:37pm | Report
might be kinda nooby but whats PBE

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 6:12pm | Report
PBE is short for Public Beta Enviroment. If you google PBE LoL, you should be able to find it. It's basically a test enviroment to experiment on things.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 9:49pm | Report

Also, I don't see the point of Hextech Gunblade. I guess the Blight procs and magic damage on hit help, but his ult is the only other one that does magic damage, and it's mostly used to immobilize the enemy champion.

with gunblade, rageblade, and malady, you're getting enough ap to add 2% max health per stack on his w to the damage, with 3 stacks its like adding a 4th stack for free. not to mention the damage it increases on his auto from the on hit and the ult, makes him have decent burst.

not only that, but the spellvamp, lifesteal, and ad are all great on him. if i failed to mention, the build i use is a hybridy on hit type.

the build with masteries is 205 ap. meaning he deals 75 magic damage per hit from w, 7% of their max health per stack when triggered, and 555 damage on his ult. considering malady adds 20 magic damage per hit, plus reducing enemy mr, wits end does 42, and madreds deals 4% of the enemies max health.

all of that is 418 magic damage on 3 hits (also 12% of their max health), with the 656.7 physical damage from his auto attacks. plus (in this case ulting) to proc ws burst. which adds 555 magic damage, plus 21% of their max health.

total of 656.7 physical, 973 and 33% of their max health magic damage. now yes that will be significantly less if you pop w with q or e, it is still fairly substantial burst. and being both magic and physical damage, the enemy can't just stack full armor or stack full magic resist to counter your output.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 1:19pm | Report
I'm going to try out your on hit build a couple of times. Going to see how it works.

EDIT: Also, do you have any rough ideas on when you usually are on PBE? I wouldn't mind testing Varus v Varus a couple of times with you, to experiment on builds.

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide