Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which runes on tryn

Creator: drunken0elf June 7, 2012 3:30pm
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2012 8:23am | Report

Well seems like Riot disagree with you duff. I bouhgt 9 greater marks of strenght (0.95 flat ad) and well.. They took my 1845IP but gave me no rune... SO now i'm saving up my ip cause I send in a ticket and waiting for my runes...

ouch :(

Discussion seems to be ended but AD marks and Quints are the best on Tryn, just take at least 9 in offense and get a LW as one of your first 3 items (besides boots) and you're set. ^^

drunken0elf
<Member>
drunken0elf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 7:22am | Report
I usually take 21-9 with tryn, but once I believe i took my garen masteries by accident (9-21) and o boy is a tanky tryn something to be reckoned with.

Thanks to Amazing Monkey for the sig. Just like his name, he's amazing
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 3:46pm | Report
Ehhh 21 offense is essentially must have for Tryn xD
drunken0elf
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 6:09pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Ehhh 21 offense is essentially must have for Tryn xD

well, yeah it's obvious. But I once did build a tanky support tryn for trolling and it worked incredibly well. Eeveryone see's tryn, so they all start pilling on him. That's what a tank wants right, to get all the ults. People just realise your the teams tank, blow up all their ults and then booom, something good might happen.

Obviously not recommended and shouldn't be done, but tank tryn is actually,... viable.

drunken0elf
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 6:17pm | Report
Oh and also, the way I build tryn might actually effect how viable my tryn is, so so feed back on various scenarios can help me quite a bit.

There are three scenerios I go with :

1) I got first blood and/or some more kills.
-I rush a blade of avarice, get grieves, rush bf sword, then PD, IE, BT etc...(enemy team counter items)

2) I'm farming minions quite well, and the lane is a stalemate.
-I get grieves, get a lantern, zeal, bf sword, PD, IE, BT, etc...(enemy team counter items)

3) I'm being dunked on (them anoying 1v2 lanes)
-I get grieves, get lantern, rush PD, get a bunch of lifesteal, then IE, BT... etc

Some item tips, when to get them, item order, etc is appreciated to enhance my tryn gameplay.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 11:56pm | Report
Tank Tryn is viable... If the guy you're laning against has never played a single game of League in his entire life.
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 3:30am | Report

Obviously not recommended and shouldn't be done, but tank tryn is actually,... viable.

Contradiction! :P

I'm always surprised I don't see Tryn built like your typical top laner (Wit's End, Atmogs, etc). I know you'll lose a bit of Deeps, but you'll still hit like a truck with items like Wits End and Frozen Mallet.
Just something I was wondering about - I don't want to seem like I'm trying to tell people how to play Tryn, especially with people like DuffTime on the forums...
drunken0elf
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 9:50am | Report
well yeah, I forgot to mention I had build tank tryn is a 3v3 game where we were just fooling around.

The thing that makes tryn not so good solotop is his squishiness. Most solotopers are big bruiser characters with high armor/hp and decent damage while tryn is a glasscannon high dps.

BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 1:36pm | Report

well yeah, I forgot to mention I had build tank tryn is a 3v3 game where we were just fooling around.

The thing that makes tryn not so good solotop is his squishiness. Most solotopers are big bruiser characters with high armor/hp and decent damage while tryn is a glasscannon high dps.

*incoming Duff*

You should check out Duff's guide. Kill your enemy at level 2, snowball for a free win.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 2:52pm | Report
Mazuran wrote:

Contradiction! :P

I'm always surprised I don't see Tryn built like your typical top laner (Wit's End, Atmogs, etc). I know you'll lose a bit of Deeps, but you'll still hit like a truck with items like Wits End and Frozen Mallet.
Just something I was wondering about - I don't want to seem like I'm trying to tell people how to play Tryn, especially with people like DuffTime on the forums...

Wit's end is garbage, and almost nobody builds Atmogg's on anybody any more :P

BUT!

You can build Maw of Malmortius if you like, you can build Frozen Mallet and you can even build Randuin's or Atma's if you really feel like it.

Thing about Tryn is that his base stats are pretty high and his ulti means 5 seconds of cannot be killed, so building defense can at times just seem like a big waste.

Particularly when your damage is 100% reliant on critting really hard.

So then Vlad and Rumble and all the other squishy solo tops are bad? :P

Also, Tryndamere's base stats are really quite excellent, so that argument is invalid. Early game Tryndamere's not squishy, it's the lack of defensive items built later that are probably making you think that.

*incoming Duff*

You should check out Duff's guide. Kill your enemy at level 2, snowball for a free win.

:D!

Tryn is still my most played champ ^_^

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide