Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Who needs a junglers help when you can just eat...

Creator: Azerate March 3, 2013 7:53pm
1 2
Azerate
<Member>
Azerate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2013 7:53pm | Report
So I make a rather unconventional build with chogath. Well I have sen variations of it, but most have at least two to three items different. I play chogath solo top, and for the most part I dont want the junglers help unless I die, which has only happened when I get ultied by enemy jungler, and enemy lane partner. Regardless, I would like to give you my list here.

Ruby Crystal. It is 475 and uses all initial money. (OMG HE DIDNT GET BOOTS LOW ELOW SRCUB). This gives your a HUGE advantage on the enemy when they get boots or dorans blade/ring.
If you have died on your first trip back get potions and Sapphire crystal if possible. Unless you have gotten a kill previously, then rush catalyst and get only two potions. Probably a mana potion seeing chogath can regen on himself.
If your doing really well rush Roa, or at least the ap wand that goes with it. Sorry I havent memorized some of the lesser items. Again, never get boots, focus on your ap/tank items to make sure you can at least outlast the enemy in the lane phase and in some team fights. Boots are uneeded mostly because your thump slows and stuns enough for you to run.
Side not, dont get feral scream till 5. It doesnt do much damage and is only good for farming and stopping enemys from escaping, like shaco, or wukong, to stop his invis.
Next get Rylias staff, this gives you ap and health which is great for him, the pasive can also be very helpful. If you have been fed a lot, rush rabadons, the health will come soon after.
If you got rabadons then get Rylias or Ranjduin's omen, only get the omen if you are facing a very ap enemy in lane.
After that the mid lane phase begins, or at least wandering. Now lich bane could be worth getting for the movement speed, mana, and ap. The passive is ok, and may help out, but it's only if you want. Otehr options are void staff if they build resistance/armor.
Archangel staff could come next, but that depends if your in that situation where regen and mana become vital. It's passive also is very nice seeing your rabadons should compound of the ap gained from this. By now if you haven't eaten the whole enemy teamed and carried everyone proceed to wait for them to surrender. I hope you liked this guide, and for god's sakes eat the minions when you get ulti. Only save then ulti when you have 3 eaten in laning phase, it gives you enough health and acts as a final blow after you thump.
Azerate
<Member>
Azerate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2013 8:00pm | Report
I understand this could be in the wrong section but I feared it being denied or taken down on that forum. I'm new to the site. So yah. I will move it over if requested.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2013 9:08pm | Report
Eh, you should Craft the guide...
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2013 9:08pm | Report
Eh, you should Craft the guide...
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
AyushGarg
<Member>
AyushGarg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 12:26am | Report
Feral Scream is better than Rupture. Just saying.
lumpor
<Member>
lumpor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 2:01am | Report
Since you're making an unconventional build, you have to post counter-arguments to the potential (or rather, inevitable) skepticals that read your guide, and explain why your choices are better than the conventional ones. Right now, there's really no reason for the average jock to follow your guide, because you have not given them a reason to trust you over the vast majority who build him differently.

I love unconventional builds but you really need to provide some more reasoning.

Side note, why archangel's staff? If you already got RoA I see no reason to get it since he has no mana scaling. If it's to fix his mana problems, you should rush tear (also to build it up).

After you get randuins and rabadons, the laning phas ewill be faaar over, don't know why you mention it.

Also, I feel Rylais is pretty redundant on him. Feral scream only has a 15% slow, rupture hardly gets affected since they're stunned and already slowed during the duration, and his ulti has a long cooldown (well, it's an ulti).
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 5:16am | Report
This isn't unconventional, it's just bad. It's been done before.
Azerate
<Member>
Azerate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 11:53am | Report
The reason rushing tear I found is bad is that if your farming well your catalyst should restore a majority of your mana. Unless of course you endlessly spam spells, where rupture only becomes unnecessary to initiate or harass. And if you think it's bad that is your opinion but I found it great for my playstyle and most cho gath enemies I face seem to do not as well. Regardless if it is there build or skill, it works well. Hence why I didnt find it fitting to make a guide yet. And seeing it lacks boots, ignores mana regen like most chogath builds, and counters works well against most builds (Again only expierence possibly not fact.) Regardless if it has been done before I hadn't seen it on here and thought I might put it up. I apologize for not seeing it if it was there and will terminate this thread if requested (For legitimate reasons.)
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 1:07pm | Report
Well, Ruby Crystal gives you early hp, but no sustain, meaning he has to rely on his passive to regen hp. Usually not a bad idea, but it means that Cho'Gath shouldn't push (no sight wards) and has no way to remain in lane if he comes out worse in a gank.

Catalyst the protector rush would be correct for that Rod of Ages rush. I would say Boots are necessary for early kiting, depending on your opponent, but usually not, since Cho'Gath has a high base movement speed. He only starts to get problem kiting when he starts getting Feast stacks.

Disagree with maxing Q over W. Feral Scream is more reliable to hit, has no delay and provides a better trading tool due to the silence. Q stops them using abilities for 1 second, but W stops them from using ability for 1.5+ seconds. As a side note, it also doesn't cancel Wukong's invisible.

I have my doubts about Rylai's Crystal Scepter. Q already slows and the slow doesn't stack, meaning a whole 1 seconds of the 1.5 seconds is wasted. In addition, W is AoE, meaning the slow is reduced to 15%. E doesn't proc the slow and the ultimate usually kills them, not slow them down, so... If you want ability power and hp, Rod of Ages will do fine. Just stack two.

Now here's where it gets more iffy.

The general rule with Cho'Gath is to go all AP or all tanky. Since you seem to have gone heavily to AP side, Randuin's Omen doesn't really fit into Cho'Gath's build so well. If you want armor, then Zhonya's Hourglass should be your item. Banner of Command might be a niche pick as well. Iceborn Gauntlet is also a possibility.

Your Archangel's Staff is extremely late. But I wouldn't get this item on Cho'Gath anyway.

You should put some more CDR into your build, somewhere. Iceborn Gauntlet or Athene's Unholy Grail should fit in well for this purpose.
Azerate
<Member>
Azerate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 3:09pm | Report
Sounds good for the most part. I just prefer my rupture seeing not many even pay attention for it, and if they do, they likely are at the turret. And I found it unnecessary for wards seeing I always have clairvoyance (Thats just me). The reason for Rylias is because of feral screams additional slow then. And the vorpal spikes also slow seeing they act as magic damage, not a second attack. And Zhonya's hourglass sounds nice but I don't like the fact of it's ability, I'd rather not be frozen, but with Randuin's the passive is much more affective, especially when being attacked by apc's in team fights, allowing less damage per second if the enemy is going Attack. speed. Secondly the hourglass has a very high price, and rabadons is high enough price already. And I get Archangel usually for games that just drag on. The passive gives more mana overtime and then transforms into a much better item. Otherwise I would purchase whatever seemed best at the time. Also I never noticed iceborn being a MUCH better version of lichbane, so I may use that. Though I save grail for sole ap champs like fiddlesticks or brand who just burn away mana.

Sidenote, to avoid a jungler gank I typically sit in the jungle bush until the minion wave comes then finish it off and return to the bush so I can see them coming and possibly even fight them out of the jungle. I've told it to a few people and they say it works for the most part if they push well.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide