Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Will of the Ancients on Azir?

Creator: Electro522 September 1, 2014 2:51pm
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 2:51pm | Report
So, Im pretty sure we all know that on the newest champion, Azir, Nashor's Tooth will be a really big item to rush, but what about Will of the Ancients?

I thought of this after thinking of the fact that Azir's soldiers do not proc on hit effects, nor do they scale with AD. This means, he will not benefit off of life steal. However, spell vamp is healing yourself through your abilitie's damage, thus, Azir will get healed off of his soldiers' attack since they are technically a spell, and not an auto attack. Plus, combine this with the attack speed from Nashor's Tooth, and his passive giving him more attack speed from cooldown reduction (20% from Nashors, and 10% from WotA), he could become one hell of drain tank.

With thise two items in mind, I figured it would be easy to build a build around them:

Nashor's Tooth, Will of the Ancients, Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, Sorcerer's Shoes, and I have yet to decide on a 6th iitem. I would say to make it either Athene's Unholy Grail, Rod of Ages, Zhonya's Hourglass, or Abyssal Mask. Depending on how mana hungry he is, it might be best to go for either rod or athene's.

What do you guys think?
Yes, that is Morgana. A thank you to Ubnoxius for this sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 3:15pm | Report
I wouldn't take nashor's tooth as first item. I disagree heavily with will of the ancients too.

I think Azir will be built around few of these items:

Athene's Unholy Grail: Azir runs out of mana really quickly without it + CDR.

Rod of Ages: Sustain + some beefiness.

Liandry's Torment + Rylai's Crystal Scepter: Soldier's proc the full combo.

Nashor's Tooth: Dunno. I guess it's ok ? Soldier's don't proc it and I'm not sure if azir will have enough defensive stats with ap build to make use of it.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 3:23pm | Report
I dont really see him as a tank mage though. Yeah, he will need some tankiness since he will dive in occassionally, but he would do best in the back line. If he ever gets jumped on, the spell vamp will give him enough sustain to survive, and he would also be able to survive trades and a decent amount of poke with nashors and will.
Thank you Toshabi for the advice!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 3:25pm | Report
He's kind of a bulky AP in my eyes.
Reasoning; High base damage that relies on a mechanic over AP Ratios half the time. His scaling is rather low for each individual skill.

He scales on health and CDR, which is ideal for a bruiser character.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide