Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Xin Zhao Theorycrafting

Creator: NicknameMy July 14, 2012 2:14am
Did the change make Xin Zhao Viable/OP?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 3:08am | Report
Quoted:

cmon - you wouldn't consider lw would you oO?

Of course, I would have pre rework as well. Now it synergizes nicely with his passive to boot.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 5:02am | Report
Effectiveness of lw on riven against 150 armor enemy target:
40% penetration of 150= 60 armor penetrated.

Effectiveness of lw on xin zhao against 150 armor target:
15% reduction= 127,5 armor.
40% penetration of 127,5 armor= 51 armor penetrated.

And that is against a pretty decent armor target. whereas your target probably should be squishies with waaay less armor making TBC even better.

They have to have 4 guys(at least) with >180 armor to make lw better.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
drunken0elf
<Member>
drunken0elf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 6:34am | Report
I use xin zhao jungle and I love him! Beserker grieves, phage, black cleaver, and usually by then the game is over.

Thanks to Amazing Monkey for the sig. Just like his name, he's amazing
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 8:52am | Report

I use xin zhao jungle and I love him! Beserker grieves, phage, black cleaver, and usually by then the game is over.

Then your enemies are so bad that it doesn't even matter what you build.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 4:57pm | Report
Why? o_O That sounds like a 20 to 30 minute game for a jungler who's not building any GP10.
Skymp
<Member>
Skymp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2012 1:19pm | Report
I liked the old one more, but he is good now.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2012 3:04pm | Report
Quoted:

Effectiveness of lw on riven against 150 armor enemy target:
40% penetration of 150= 60 armor penetrated.

Effectiveness of lw on xin zhao against 150 armor target:
15% reduction= 127,5 armor.
40% penetration of 127,5 armor= 51 armor penetrated.

And that is against a pretty decent armor target. whereas your target probably should be squishies with waaay less armor making TBC even better.

They have to have 4 guys(at least) with >180 armor to make lw better.

This is a vast oversimplification of it, though. You need to take into account armor pen from runes, armor pen masteries, and even how much AD and AS you have. Plus, it takes time to stack TBC, while it doesn't for LW.

Honestly, I can think of scenarios where I would suggest either on Xin. For assassination, or against relatively tanky teams, LW will probably be better. For offtanking or being a bruiser, TBC might be better (I say "might" due largely to the comparative cost). Against teams who are almost all fairly squishy and where Xin plans to do sustained damage, TBC will probably be better.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2012 5:50pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

This is a vast oversimplification of it, though. You need to take into account armor pen from runes, armor pen masteries, and even how much AD and AS you have. Plus, it takes time to stack TBC, while it doesn't for LW.

Honestly, I can think of scenarios where I would suggest either on Xin. For assassination, or against relatively tanky teams, LW will probably be better. For offtanking or being a bruiser, TBC might be better (I say "might" due largely to the comparative cost). Against teams who are almost all fairly squishy and where Xin plans to do sustained damage, TBC will probably be better.

Marry me. Somebody who has a brain ohhhhmygoddddd
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2012 8:59pm | Report
I don't like building xin that tanky tbh.
I think a lot of things are situational on him really.
I actually didn't own him before the rework, and bought him after. Only played him twice but..
I went boots -> 2 dorans -> then either phage or mercs/tabi -> zeal -> triforce -> vamp scept -> bf sword -> TBC -> BT and that's as far as I got before we won. Only played two games with him, got a penta the second and they surrendered immediately after when I was 20/1. I had fun playing him, going to have to experiment more though.
TBC and LW are both situational imo.. It depends on how much armor their team is stacking. You need to have an understanding at when one is better than the other.
I can see wit's end being viable, but I'm not much a fan of it tbh. I build it on certain champs but I just really don't like on-hit effect items that much. They fall off a lot with any amount of MR. The AS is nice, but with the triforce and his w, then the CD of his w being reduced by procing his q, he has a good chunk there.
I'd rather build a maw on him than a wit's end.

So idk, merc/tabi boots -> triforce and then this is where it gets situational. Probably build a vamp scepter -> BF sword then assess team compositions and go into either TBC or finish BT and build LW. Then maybe hexdrinker to maw, or hexdrinker than chain vest -> maw -> atma's or GA.

But like I said, haven't tried out a bunch yet. Probably will tonight. Also I'm not good at making build orders because really everything seems situational to me for the most part..
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2012 9:09pm | Report
Really, I build Riven, Darius and Xin all very similar. Probably other champs too. Tankyish dps with a focus on damage and sustain.
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide