Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Xin Zhao Theorycrafting

Creator: NicknameMy July 14, 2012 2:14am
Did the change make Xin Zhao Viable/OP?
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 9:40am | Report
How about activate ult after you forget that you have to activate your passive first and accidentally hit a minion and send five people flying back then run back to your base and AFK in shame
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 2:45pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Aswell, Black Cleaver seems to be a good item for him. His passive % armorreduction is applied first, and then Black Cleaver second. So he could even reduce some into negative armor. This would help especially the ad-carry to murder tanky deeps.

first it only goes into negative armor if they have less than 45 after you reduce them by 15%. theres no way you are going to reduce anyones armor to the negatives as xz.

second, why not take advantage of the percent and get Last Whisper with the 10% in masteries? thats a total of 61% pen/redux. since everyone has nearly 100 armor to begin with, thats 61 armor you're negating, on a carry. no amount of flat armor pen will ever get that high.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 7:08pm | Report
He's still not the best but the ulti buff is a step in the right direction.

They should give his Q a 110% or 120% ratio for AD instead of a 100%, and they should slightly lower the CD on his dash I think and then he'd be solid.

If they didn't want to do that, they could also rework his passive and give him something that competes with the passives of newer champs and he might be more viable that way as well.

As it stands, I think he's still potentially underwhelming.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 7:33pm | Report
NicknameMy that build is ******ed.

Just build him with tanky dps items as the game progresses and go top lol
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 7:38pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

second, why not take advantage of the percent and get Last Whisper with the 10% in masteries? thats a total of 61% pen/redux. since everyone has nearly 100 armor to begin with, thats 61 armor you're negating, on a carry. no amount of flat armor pen will ever get that high.

Actually, if you try to stack them you get (1 - (1 - .1)*(1 - .4)*(1-.15)) = 0.541, or 54.1% penetration/reduction, assuming no other sources of penetration or reduction. Xin's passive, combined with Black Cleaver, take a total of 15 + 45 = 60 armor off of a 100 armor target after the third hit. So...

Really, though, Last Whisper is still going to be the item you want. The reason, simply, is that you don't want to have to attack three times before using your skills. You want to change in on someone (which will not apply the on-hit effect), ult everyone else away, and then Three Talon Strike immediately. Having to get three hits in before using this combo will really prevent it from being too terribly effective.

Also, squishies are already squishy. If you really are having trouble with squishies, a defensive item is probably a better bet.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 7:39pm | Report
The main reason TBC could be better, is the AS which is pivotal for Xin.

I would build TBC instead of LW on Xin.
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2012 7:42pm | Report
I like playing Xin, he is easy to master, hard to use, because he requires great timing and decent farming. I usually always build TBC on him, but with the switch, I'll see when I get to try him.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 10:52am | Report
Im thinking in the ways of pen reds and quints with a yumous mabe?

Putting percentage reduction is the worst thing You Can do
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 11:12am | Report
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2012 12:13pm | Report
Top lane versus AD
-Mercs
-Wriggles
-Frozen Mallet
-Wits End
-Guardian Angel
-Other defensive item
-Sell Wriggles for LW if it gets that late game

Reasoning: Most AD tops and or their junglers DO have a form of CC. The idea is to PROTECT yourself from ganks, and sustain/trade better with opposing tops. Some tops also have mixed damage, so rather than full building armor you're spreading out your resists. Why Frozen Mallet over Triforce? Cost/Overall health increase 100% perma slow. LW as an endgame item to stack with Xin's new passive.

Top Lane versus AP
-Mercs
-1 or 2 early Doran's blades
-Wit's End
-Trinity Force/Frozen Mallet
-GA
-x2 items of your choice.

Reasoning: Most common AP based tops are Rumble, Vlad, or Malphite. When against Rumble or Vlad (both who tend to favor early hextech revolvers) YOU MUST out trade them. Mercs coupled with the additional AD/Health/Life Steal on Doran's will provide you with a decent buffer. Follow those up with Wit's End and you'll win every trade. Tri Force/Frozen Mallet, THIS match up makes TF a viable option. The extra damage off sheen procs with Xin's passive will be a good combo to get initial burst against sustainers like Vlad/Rumble. You can opt for FM too, but your initial burst combo will be lacking, and the MS from Zeal will aid in preventing or escaping a kite fest.

GA on both builds has a simple reason, it is swiftly becoming (once again) a popular choice amongst champions once you hit late game. Additionally it works exceptionally well on Tanky DPSrs like Irelia/Olaf.

I'd run 21/9/0 in Masteries

15 Flat AD
12 Armor
13 MR

as a general set up so you're rather durable against whatever comes top.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide