Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yasuo... tanksumo?

Creator: Quite Nomible January 19, 2014 5:47am
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 5:47am | Report
So recently I've been looking into Yasuo, and the first thing that I immediately saw is that he get a pretty decent amount of free stats. Double crit chance is just brilliant no matter what, and 50% armor penetration on his ulti?! I know it only applies on bonus armor, but still: if the enemy has like 75 base armor at level 18 and gets 175 bonus armor, 87,5 armor will get shred only because of the ultimate active. 87,5/250 * 100 = 35% armor shred, that already equals to a free Last Whisper for 15 seconds long. That's a big number.

Itemization:
As far as I've been thinking I came up with this build:
Mercury's Treads
Blade of the Ruined King
Infinity Edge
Randuin's Omen
Spirit Visage/ Banshee's Veil
Guardian Angel

Skill order: R>Q>W>E or R>Q>E>W, depending when teamfights will break out.

Runes: AD reds, Armor yellows, Mres blues, Crit chance/1AD + 2 lifesteal quints. Crit chance are more of a personal preference, but obviously won't let him survive that easily in earlygame.

Reasons why I think it would probably work:
- Great initiation with his ulti, can be combined with Randuin's Omen nicely.
- As stated earlier, pretty decent amount of free stats, and can shred tanks while being tanky.
- Decent teamfight utility with cheat wall.
- Can both initiate but can also reposition very quickly in order to protect a carry.

The only thing that's wasted a little bit is his flow passive, as tanks aren't usually focussed.

Guess this is more of a sketchy thread (my apologize if it's just plain mess) as I haven't done/seen this myself yet, but I was just curious what others would think of this. Therefore, feel free to leave your own thoughts onto this, as always :3.
💣︎✡︎ ☜︎✠︎✋︎💧︎❄︎☜︎☠︎👍︎☜︎ ✋︎💧︎ ☠︎⚐︎🕈︎

👍︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ☺︎⚐︎✋︎☠︎ 💣︎☜︎📬︎📬︎📬︎

✋︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ 💧︎☜︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 💧︎⚐︎⚐︎☠︎

⚐︎☼︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎✍︎
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 7:52am | Report
I think building Yasuo is similar to how you build Lee Sin, the better the game goes, the more damage you can build. Because most people are stomping with him 24/7, they go full offense with like 1 defense item. But if you got a bad game, this build could work better.

It obviously also depends onto the teamcomps. Like if you are top and the rest of the team has 0 survivability, I would say that build works better.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 11:39am | Report
i think you should go shiv instead of blade, especially if youre getting the randuins since youll already have a slow active
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 12:26pm | Report
I've said this before and I'll say it again.

A Yasuo with two damage items is not a threat. His "free stats," unlike steroids such as Duskbringer and Relentless Assault, scale off the damage he buys, meaning if you don't build sufficient damage he may as well not have his free stats at all.

Q scales off AS and AD, both offensive stats.
Penetration doesn't increase the damage you do, it increases the damage you have.

100 damage + 0 armor pen vs a 100 armor target, you do 50 damage
100 damage + 50% armor pen vs a 100 armor target = you do 66 damage

No amount of penetration will give you more than 100 damage. If you don't do damage, your ultimate becomes purely utility and becomes less effective than a Yasuo who has built damage.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 4:31am | Report
@NicknameMy:

As far as I've seen most Yasuo's just go full offensive instead, and just go as squishy as an ADC would be.

@DillButt64:

Could probably do as well, it was more because I was looking for a sustain item.

@tehAsian:

I understand that you have explained it before and I'll take you word for the biggest part, except for the scaling on Q.

Q doesn't really seem to scale very well with AD in my opinion (even though it procs on-hit effects). 100 + 100% AD scaling is basically 100 + 1 auto-attack, which is not the greatest scaling in the league, in my opinion. Also the fact that Yasuo already get a quite decent amount of bonus attack speed per level up (58,5% in total at level 18), and the scaling is capped at 114% bonus attack speed (saw it on wiki), meaning that you're almost there already with only a Blade of the Ruined King in the build. Take the masteries with it and you'll end up being only 11,5 % off from the cooldown reduction cap on his Q, which is slightly less than a Dagger.

Just wondering about that part, but I kinda stopped playing league before Yasuo actually got released so I can't tell anyway what's working the best for him... so it's not that I think this build is like the best thing in the world or anything like that. Juuuust wonderin'.
ik heb geen hoge pet van mezelf. als ik mezelf zie op televisie dan denk ik: dat kan ik ook wel.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 7:40am | Report
Now, I'm not a great Yasuo player by any means, but I'm pretty sure you can easily build something like this:

Core:
Tier 2 boots
Statikk Shiv
Infinity Edge

Situational:
Randuin's Omen
Spirit Visage
Guardian Angel

Only if way ahead:
Zephyr
Blade of the Ruined King
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper
Youmuu's Ghostblade (a little questionable)

That's a pretty standard Yasuo build (at least, when every one I've seen does it).

You add 3 crit chance marks and you get 100% crit chance with Statikk Shiv + Infinity Edge. Statikk Shiv is overall worse than Blade of the Ruined King on any other champion. On Yasuo, you get double the crit chance, so you get 40% crit chance from one item, not to mention that you should have this item built about 12 minutes or less into the game, and its passive is ridiculously strong at lower levels. Once you add Infinity Edge to the build, you have most of the damage you need (you might get one more damage item late game, unless you're really ahead).

In terms of sustain, you don't really need it. Early game, you should be constantly building up your Flow, so you shouldn't take a ton of damage. I also assume you are starting either Doran's Blade or Doran's Shield, which means just get a couple of pots each time you back and you should be fine. Late game you either win fights and back, win fights and push without any enemy champions to stop you, or you lose and back/die. Not really a need for sustain there. You are not gonna stay alive that much longer without a Blade of the Ruined King than you are with one. Plus, Blade of the Ruined King is expensive, and Blade of the Ruined King + Infinity Edge deals less damage than Statikk Shiv + Infinity Edge, so the enemy dies more slowly and deals more damage to you as a result.

@tehAsian

I'm confused when you say a Yasuo with only 2 damage items is not a threat. I've seen and played Yasuo with only 2 damage items, and he hurts a lot. So what if you only have 190~ AD? You are most likely to get about 3 - 6 auto attacks (including Steel Tempest) off on one of their squishies. That's 3 - 6 critical strikes that deal about 350 - 450 damage each, plus you have Statikk Shiv's passive and your other abilities too.

Maybe it's different at Diamond, but it sure was that way at Platinum. 2 damage items into tank items did quite a lot of damage.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 6:37am | Report
Get 5% crit in runes and an IE and shiv. That's honestly all you'll need, or you can take it a step further with LW and/or BT while being quite offtanky and dealing out 100% crits. I just have this random crit lying around as well for my other AD things so people go wtf why you crit me

Basically how I play LoL
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 9:28am | Report
You don't need 5% crit in runes, you only need 2.5%. Yasuo's Way of the Wanderer doubles crit chance of runes too, so you don't have to waste as many rune slots for it.

drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 10:22am | Report
Actually, you're wrong. You need 5% crit chance from runes for 100% crit with Statikk Shiv and Infinity Edge. 2.5% crit chance runes give an overall DPS increase of 2.1375% versus 2.25% with 5% crit chance runes. This means an increase of 168.75 damage over 5 autoattacks with 300 AD before armor. It's not that much, but damage is damage.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 11:11am | Report
Oh, I guess you're right. Didn't notice that.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide