Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yorick Theorycrafting

Creator: SinDelta June 22, 2011 2:30am
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 4:46pm | Report
joshthor wrote:

stonewall is wrong, his jungling is just fine. its not tier 1 (or even tier 2 for that matter) or anything, but he can keep up level wise and he can pull off ganks. after he has his ult he can clear the dragon super fast solo as well (at lvl 11, i havent tried dragon solo before that tho)

Fast Dragons < Low Level Dragons.

Apart from that, his jungling is SUPER risky, as in, he gets to 1 bar at blue at level 3.
Tri lane for life.
Confehdehrehtheh
<Member>
Confehdehrehtheh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 4:50pm | Report
I've been having a decent amount of success in the lane with Yorick. Generally goes like this.

Start with regrowth pendant + Mana Potion and take E first. Gives decent harass and helps sustain.
Buy boots/Sapphire first trip back, Sheen if possible.
Then from there I go Warmog's, Atma's, Trinity, FoN, Randuin's.

Skill order is usually E -> W -> Q -> E -> E -> R then max E->W->Q. His Q really doesn't do a whole lot until you finish Trinity.
Awesome sig by jhoijhoi :D
Aura-Support/CDR Sona|Jungle Yorick
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 7:18pm | Report
Ok so he is really under powered in the early game phase but he shines late game. very item dependent.

I went with this so far
Hextech GB
Merc treads
Trinity Force

those seem to be kind of core on him imo
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 7:03am | Report
Does the Spell Vamp work for his minions aswell?

And tbh, I can see him being VERY powerful when built towards getting a **** ton of CDR+Triforce and defensive items.

I can't test anything atm though, because EU servers are busy -.-'

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
Ragemoarnerd
<Member>
Ragemoarnerd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 10:04am | Report
Why would you buy Hextech? He has no AP ratios, and that's just wasted gold, you shouldn't need spellvamp that badly at all.
"I just don't trust PUGS no matter who they play as. I look at them and think level 1." -Rudmed

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for that sexy signature!
Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 2:36pm | Report
He NEEDS some ****ing heavy mana item, I am not a fan of Manamune - but tbh I can't see him being anywhere near viable without it.

Sadly I feel that makes him overall alot weaker.. Which is sad as I just spend 6,3k IP on him, but perhaps riot finds out about this too :)

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 7:08pm | Report

Why would you buy Hextech? He has no AP ratios, and that's just wasted gold, you shouldn't need spellvamp that badly at all.

All of his spells deal magic damage aside from his Q, his E spell+Spirit Visage+ spell vamp
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
Ragemoarnerd
<Member>
Ragemoarnerd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 10:58am | Report
SinDelta wrote:

All of his spells deal magic damage aside from his Q, his E spell+Spirit Visage+ spell vamp

That's still a ton of wasted gold for all of that useless AP which gives him no benefit at all.
"I just don't trust PUGS no matter who they play as. I look at them and think level 1." -Rudmed

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for that sexy signature!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 11:35am | Report
Currently in games I've seen people building Manamune on him. I'm not wholly against that he has very little mana early game...Im talking like 300-500 mana at level 5 or 6. But I can't help but feeling that there is a better item than Manamune for him. I've gone tank with him (pretty much straight tank) and rushed glacial shroud/Banshee's veil for him nearly every game.

He's open to harass in the lane but with E restoroing HP to him he has some sustainability. His own harass is pretty strong but his ghouls die too quick to make it viable to harass spam champs like GP/Vlad/Sona/Soraka (anyone with a heal). His ability to farm could be better his AoE ghoul (Omen of Pestilence or E rather) is rather weak without some AD to back him up.

Pretty much requires blue buff to jungle, he's a bit squishie early game. A route that could work though would be Wolves/Blue/Duo Golem/Wraiths OR Blue/Wolves/Wraiths/Duo Golem. His gank is weak, the slow from Omen of Pestilence is almost unnoticed. His lack of CC means even if over extended his gank target(s) won't find it hard to get away. With that said however I feel he could be a strong Counter Jungler. As strong as Nunu at the least. Once his Q is leveled a bit he makes short work of every camp.

My conclusion is that once they fix some of his issues he will become a champ we see more often in games. Probably banned a lot in ranked too.

Here are some ideas I've come up with as how to build Yorick.

Mastery/Runes/Items

DPS Lane Yorick: 21/0/9 Taking points in Magic Pen because his E heals off of the damage done and though the coeffecient is based on AD it deals magic damage. No points needed in the 10% bonus Crit Damage.

Runes: ArP marks/HP per level or flat AD seals/Flat Mana or CDR glyphs/ ArP or AS quints.

Item Build:
Doran's Blade to start
Manamune, Sorc Boots or Zerker Greaves, Tri Force, Last Whisper, then defensive items depending on comp or more offensive items.

Tank Yorick Lane: 9/15/6 Taking points in offense to get to the Mpen, points in defense to get veteran scars, points in utility to get some bonus EXP gain.
OR
0/21/9 tank build.

Runes:
Mpen marks, Flat Armor or HP per level seals, Flat Mana or MR glyphs, Flat health or Health per level quints.

Items:
Mana Crystal 2 Health pots or Health Crystal to start
Need Magic Resist rush Banshee's Veil.
Need early armor? Build Glacial Shroud (if you started mana crystal)
ALWAYS build Merc Treads (unless enemy team is all melee...) if they are all melee build Ninja Tabi.
Final Build should have Banshee's Veil, Merc Treads, Frozen Heart, Warmogs, Atma's Impailer, Sunfire or Force of Nature. Warmog's is not essential but it will allow you to have better impact in a team fight when in combination with Atma's Impailer.

Jungle Yorick: 21/0/9 take points in Magic Pen talent AND more damage to minions DO NOT take critical strike damage talent.

Runes: ArP marks/Flat AD, Armor or Health per level seals/ Flat mana or CDR gylphs/ ArP, Magic Pen, or AS quits.

Item Build: Either Fortitude pot and health pots (the early game health AND attack damage means he hits harder against the minions which will be very helpful where the Omen of Famine is concearned.
OR STANDARD JUNGLE Armor+Health Pots.
End game might be Wriggle's Lantern, Zerker Greaves, Tri Force, Last Whisper, then defensive items or more offensive.

Skill Orders
Lane Tank or Lane DPS I'd say W>E>Q W and E give him harass and sustainability. Q though probably his strongest attack getting points in it at level 3 and 5 will tide you over until late game when you have more ArP to back it up as DPS Yorick. Tank Yorick needs to focus on increasing his farm/sustainability in lane so maxxing E and W over Q will let you have more lane control.

Jungle Torick I'd say E>Q>W. Increasing his ability to steal life early game will benefit him more over his Q proc. So we max his E first followed by his Q giving solid survivability against minions in the jungle. W does nice AoE damage but it's negligible until you have damage to back it up. So for levels up to 6 Id go:
E-Q-E-Q-W-R then simply follow R>Q>E>W past level 6.

Pretty much my assessment of viable current patch Yorick builds and theory crafting. Feel free to debate my ideas he's a fun champ and it would be nice to nail down a solid build for him.
kamuli
<Member>
kamuli's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 1:50pm | Report
i like your build, ive tried it with manamume, sorc boots, tri force last whisper and then warmog's with an atma's impaler i think the atma's is a good item for him aswell if you gets ome health as defensive items.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide