[13.3] Samira ADC guide by Misterfirstblood
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Runes: Standard Conq
+10% Attack Speed
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Ability Order Standard vs melee + ranged
Threats & Synergies
Champion Build Guide
This guide's last update was at february 9th 2023
Today we will be discussing Samira one of the ADC's which require a more agressive playstyle. The Pick by itself is super risky, but her kit offers lifesteal, projectile protection and mobility and allows you to snowball once you come ahead.
+ Gamechanging ultimate with like 0 cooldown
+ Lifesteal build in the regular build
+ A nice utility tool to spellshield some skillshots
+ A gapcloser with cooldown reset on shutdown
+ Can snowball and take huge impact on the game
- Not the best laning phase
- Bad when falling behind
- You have to go melee to be effective which can be super bad against champions like Rammus
- Not everybody likes agressive gameplay and risky plays, it might not be the best champion to play a very defensive lane
Samira builds a combo by hitting attacks or abilities unique from the previous hit. Samira's attacks in melee range deal additional magic damage. Samira's attacks against enemies affected by Immobilizing effects will dash her to her attack range. If the enemy is Knocked Up, she also keeps them Knocked Up briefly.
Samira fires a shot or swings her sword, dealing damage. If cast during Wild Rush, strike all enemies in her path upon completion.
W: Blade Whirl
Samira slashes around her, damaging enemies and destroying enemy missiles.
E: Wild Rush
Samira dashes through an enemy (including structures), slashing enemies she passes through and gaining Attack Speed. Killing an enemy champion refreshes this ability's cooldown.
R: Inferno Trigger
Samira unleashes a torrent of shots from her weapons, wildly shooting all enemies surrounding her.
If you spend points in Blade Whirl or Wild Rush at second depends on your opponents team. If youre for example against morgana + Caitlyn, you can deny tons of their Bindings and have a way better survivability by maxing out Blade whirl.
If you are against a melee tank and you feel like your matchup is easy anyway and you need to engage more often Wild Rush is more recommended.
Its cooldown gets resetted after you receive a kill so you wont worry about the Cooldown in neither of those scenarios but if maxing out Blade Whirl just doesnt make sense in a specific matchup just go for Wild Rush.
Combined with The Collector you have the ultimate 2 item power spike and engage even fed enemies with no worries because you will deal tons of damage, execute them and life steal up. Im really not sure if i like Infinity Edge as a second item over The Collector but in any case it will give you the highest damage boost as your third one.
The next items should either increase your survivability like Bloodthirster or Death's Dance or your damage against tanks like Lord Dominik's Regards does. You will realize if either damage or survivability is missing in fights while playing the game so you can make this decision on the fly.
Super defensive options like Mercurial Scimitar Guardian Angel or Maw of Malmortius aren't generally recommended but can work situational.
Triumph is a no brainer for all in champs with a risky gameplay like hers too and Legend: Bloodline and Last Stand even further supports your life steal and damage dealth wenn being low health.
Taste of Blood gives even more life steal and really helps you out when laning while Treasure Hunter makes it easier to snowball by granting you some extra gold after defeating opponents.
You could theoretically go for Inspiration second and take Magical Footwear and Biscuit Delivery to serve the same purpose, but i feel like Domination fits Samira more than that.
- Don't panic and just click buttons in hectic situations. You have to sequence your abilities correct to get an S Grade and activate your ultimate ability. If you fail a Q it doesnt really matter too much because of the low cooldowns but keep in mind to auto attack after each ability and dont use all abilities in a row immediately
- If you are in your ultimate, flashing offensively to secure a kill can save your life. Not only Triumph is restoring a lot of health, but also your lifesteal and conqueror can heal an unexpected amount which can save your life even if it looks like you are just dying.
- Use Blade Whirl as late as possible. Even if some skillshots look like they already reached your hitbox, if you press it as late as possible the chances are higher you "cleanse" multiple projectiles away at the same time.
- If you are sure you will get a kill, use Wild Rush before shutting your opponent down. It will reset its cooldown anyway but offers you more damage dealth and more options to position yourself correctly.
- Always pay attention to when your teammates are applying hard CC so you can dash into your passive range and apply its effect. Sometimes the reaction window is super short so try to move your mouse over potential targets and move with your supports if your around with champions like Alistar Nautilus Thresh or Rakan for example.
- Going melee against minions allows you to hit multiple enemies at the same time by using your Q Ability, and sometimes farming and trading at the same time. Keep that in mind. Your melee stance also deals additional damage so if you can afford it and an opponents melee champ comes closer to you anyway, try it out.
I often had games where i was so overfed, i could literally fight Jungler and toplaner 1v2 and was full health after the battle.
Blade whirl is a unique ability which is super fun to use and timing really matters.
Try her out, you can do really funny things with her !
If you wanna see more of my league content check out my channel
here is my latest video
leave a like or comment if you enjoyed it!